Triangulation LiDAR LD14
LD14 is mainly composed of laser ranging core, wireless transmission unit, wireless communication unit, angle measuring unit, motor driving unit, and mechanical housing. The LD14 distance measurement core uses triangulation technology, which can carry out distance measurement of 23000 times per second. During each ranging, LD14 emits an infrared laser from a fixed angle, and the laser is reflected to the receiving unit after encountering the target object. Through the triangulation relationship between laser，target object and receiving unit, it can calculate the distance. After obtaining the distance data, LD14 will fuse the angle value measured by the angle measuring unit to form the point cloud data, and then send the point cloud data to the external interface through wireless communication. At the same time, the motor drive unit will drive the motor and control it to the specified speed through the closed-loop PID algorithm. The start-stop of the radar can be controlled by its adapter board instead of the serial port, which can extend the service life of radar.
- Based on triangulation radar technology.
- Support UART communication.
- Measuring radius 8m.
- 2300Hz measurement frequency.
- 360° scanning range.
- Laser Safety Meets FDA Class 1 Standards.
- Compact appearance.
- The radar can be controlled through serial communication.
|Typical measuring range
|Sampling frequency||2300 Hz|
|Scan frequency||6 Hz|
|Communication interface||UART @ 115200bps|
|Operating temperature range||-10℃~40℃|
|Ranging accuracy||5mm (< 1 m)|
1.5% of actual distance (1~6 m)
2% of actual distance (6~ 8 m)
- Education & scientific research
- Robot obstacle advoidance
- Measure and detect
- Smart gesture control
- 2D Gesture Recognition
- Autonomous navigation
- Map reconstruction
- Navigation and positioning
How to Use
|1||Tx||Output||Radar signal output||0V||3.3V||3.5V|
|2||PWM||Input||Motor control signal||0V||-||3.5V|
|3||GND||Power||Negative power supply||-||0V||-|
|4||P5V||Power||Positive pole of power supply||4.5V||5V||5.5V|
The data communication of LD14 adopts standard asynchronous serial port (UART) one-way transmission, and its transmission parameters are shown in the following table:
|Baud Rate||Data Bit||Stop Bit||Parity Bit|
LD14 adopts one-way communication. After power-on is stable, it starts to send measurement data without sending any commands.
Coordinate system definition
LD14 uses a left-handed coordinate system, the rotation center is the coordinate origin, the direction of the connection between the rotation center and the center of the driving wheel is zero-degree direction, and the rotation angle increases along the clockwise direction. Specifically as shown in the figure below:
Optical window and mechanical dimensions
The laser emission and reception in the ranging unit of LD14 requires an optical window, which needs to be exposed in structure. Partial occlusion of the window by the external system will affect the ranging performance of the LD14 to a certain extent. The figure below shows the optical window size (unit: mm). The external dimension tolerance is +0.3/-0.3mm.
The following figure is the dimension (unit: mm):
About the software
- Connect the radar to the adapter board and to the computer by USB.
- Download "ld_desktop_V2.3.12.zip" and unzip it.
- Run "ld_desktop.exe".
- Choose "LDSS19" in "Device".
- Choose COM. If there is not COM of the radar (CP2102 on the adapter board), you need to download amd install "CP210x_Universal_Windows_Driver.zip".
- Click the triangular pattern, and you can see the scan result on your computer.
Control the Radar
- The host computer sends 0 through the USB serial port, no terminator is required, and the radar can be turned off.
- The host computer sends 1 through the USB serial port, and the radar can be turned on without the terminator.
- Short-circuit the two pins G12 and OFF to turn off the radar, and disconnect them to turn on the radar.
Open source schematics and programs for the breakout board
- Arduino IDE demo
- The adapter board demo is developed using Arduino IDE, and it can be used after installing ESP8266 in the development board manager of Arduino IDE.
- The specific usage is as follows:
- First open the arduino IDE, File > Preferences, click the icon on the far right of the [Additional Development Board Manager Address] line, add a line http://arduino.esp8266.com/stable/package_esp8266com_index.json, if there are other management For the address of the device, press the carriage return command to write the address on one line.
- Board > Boards Manager, to open the Boards Manager.
- Fill in ESP8266 and click "Install".
- After the installation is complete, the secondary development of the adapter board can be carried out.
If you require technical support, please go to the Support page and open a ticket.