7inch FHD Monitor
- 1 Instruction
- 2 Features
- 3 How to use
- 4 Setting orientation
- 5 GUI improving
- 6 Keys
- 7 Others
- 8 Resources
- 9 FAQ
- 10 Anti-Piracy
- 11 Beware of knock-offs
- 12 Supports
7inch Touch Monitor, 1080 Full HD, IPS Screen, HDMI, with a resolution of 1080×1920 and a capacitive touch panel, Ideal Companion for Various Host Devices
- 7-inch IPS screen with a hardware resolution of 1080×1920.(up to 178° viewing angle)
- 5-points capacitive touch control, toughened glass panel, 6H hardness.
- Display interface: Mini HDMI; Touch interface: USB.
- It uses full lamination and AF anti-fingerprint touch technology, and the use effect becomes better.
- Supports popular mini PCs such as Raspberry Pi, Jetson Nano.
- Using with Raspberry Pi, it supports Raspbian / Ubuntu / Kali and Retropie, no need to install any drivers.
- Using as a computer monitor, it supports Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7, five-point touch, no need to install any drivers.
- Multi-languages OSD menu, for power management, brightness/contrast adjustment, etc.
- HDMI audio input, 3.5mm headphone/speaker jack.
- Embedded ferrite Hi-Fi speaker.
- Full metal CNC alloy shell.
How to use
1. This LCD supports Windows 7/8/8.1/10 when working with PC via HDMI interface
- 1) Connect the Touch interface of LCD to the USB port of PC by USB cable. The touch function is enabled after that.
- 2) Connect the HDMI interface of LCD to the HDMI interface of PC by HDMI cable. LCD displays normally after a few seconds. The sound can output through the speaker by default, and also can output by connecting to 3.5mm earphones through HP audio output port.
- 1) If you connect multiple screens to your PC, please set this LCD as the main display for properly touching
- 2) If the USB port of PC cannot supply much voltage for the LCD, you can connect external 5V power supply to the Power interface of LCD.
- 3) We recommend you to set the icons bigger for better displaying.
2. When working with Raspberry Pi, this LCD supports Raspbian/Ubuntu mate/Kali/Retropie/Windows 10 IoT Core
When working with Raspberry Pi, you should set the resolution of the LCD by yourself, or else the LCD screen will not work. For more detail information, please read the following section.
Please download the latest version of the image on the Raspberry Pi official website.
- 1) Download the compressed file to the PC, and unzip it to get the .img file.
- 2) Connect the TF card to the PC, use SDFormatter.exe software to format the TF card.
- 3) Open the Win32DiskImager.exe software, select the system image downloaded in step 1, and click‘Write’ to write the system image.
- 4) After the image has finished writing, open the config.txt file in the root directory of the TF card, add the following code at the end of config.txt, then save and quit the TF card safely.
max_framebuffer_height=1920 max_usb_current=1 hdmi_group=2 hdmi_mode=87 hdmi_timings=1080 0 112 16 160 1920 0 4 10 10 0 0 0 60 0 140000000 3
- 5) Save and eject the card.
- 6）Connect the Touch interface of the LCD to the USB port of Raspberry Pi.
- 7) Connect the HDMI interface of the LCD to the HDMI port of Raspberry Pi and then power on the Raspberry Pi, it can display normally after waiting for about ten seconds.
Note: If you are using Pi4 or a higher version of Raspberry Pi, the HDMI interface of the LCD needs to be connected to the HDMI0 port of the Raspberry Pi (near the power port).
If you are using Pi4, you can rotate in the following ways:
- 1. Open Screen Configuration。
- 2. Rotate display as figure
- 3. The LCD will work normally after you rotate the touch as well.
If you are using Pi 3+/Pi 3 or older versions, use the following method to rotate:
- 1. Add the following line to config.txt file which is located in BOOT directory.
display_rotate=1 #1：90；2: 180； 3: 270
- 2. Save and reboot Raspberry Pi
- 3.Touch orientation
The Touch of the LCD cannot be changed along with the display, in this case, you should rotate the touch manually after changing the display orientation. With this display, you can rotate the touch by using a card needle or tweezer and pressing the following button.（To avoid from unintended touching, we hide the Rotate Touch button in the case)
Note: The touch orientation may be wrong with a new OS, you can fix it by pressing the Rotate Touch button.
For better display and touching, you can modify the theme setting. Set the icons and text bigger. Here we take Raspbian as examples.
- Select Menu-》Preferences-》Appearance Settings-》Defaults-》For large screens:Set Defaults-》OK。
- Mosify the font size of System
- Right-click the taskbar and select-》Panel Settings -》Set the size of Geometry.
- ON/OFF：Signle press to turn on/off display, Long-press to adjust the brightness.
- Rotate Touch: Adjust the orientation of touch. To avoid unintended touching, the button is hidden in the case.
Disable power saving.
If you want to keep the display turning on all the time, you can disable the power saving function.
Modify file lightdm.conf
sudo nano /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf
Find the [SeatDefaults] option and uncomment the line"xserver-command", modify it as below:
Modify this code to
xserver-command=X -s 0 -dpms
- -s # –Disable the display protecting.
- dpms Disable power saving.
Turn on/off HDMI output
You can use the following commands to disable/enable the displaying.
vcgencmd display_power 0 vcgencmd display_power 1
Since the first-generation Raspberry Pi released, Waveshare has been working on designing, developing, and producing various fantastic touch LCDs for the Pi. Unfortunately, there are quite a few pirated/knock-off products in the market. They're usually some poor copies of our early hardware revisions, and comes with none support service.
To avoid becoming a victim of pirated products, please pay attention to the following features when purchasing:
Beware of knock-offs
Please note that we've found some poor copies of this item in the market. They are usually made of inferior materials and shipped without any testing.
You might be wondering if the one you're watching or you've purchased in other non-official stores is original, feel free to contact us.
Please contact us by Email/Skype/WeChat for technology support. Because of jet lag, our response may be late, you can just leave your questions, we will reply to you as soon as possible in working time.
|09:00 - 18:00 (UTC+8 Monday to Staturday)|