5inch DSI LCD
- 1 Introduction
- 2 User guide
- 3 Resources
- 4 FAQ
- 5 Anti-Piracy
- 6 Beware of knock-offs
- 7 Support
5inch Capacitive Touch Display for Raspberry Pi, 800×480, TFT Wide Angle, MIPI DSI Interface
- 5inch TFT screen. 800x480 hardware resolution
- Capacitive touch panel, support 5-point touch
- Supports Pi 4B/3B+/3A+/3B/2B/B+/A+. Another adapter board is required for CM3/3+
- DSI interface, refresh rate up to 60Hz.
- Supports Raspbian/Ubuntu/Kali and WIN 10 IoT, driver-free.
- Connect the DSI interface of 5inch DSI LCD to the DSI interface of Raspberry Pi.
- For easy use, you can fix the Raspberry Pi on the backside of the 5inch DSI LCD by screws
1) Download image (Raspbian, Ubuntu, Kali, or WIN 10 IOT) from the Raspberry Pi website. https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/
2) Download the compressed file to the PC, and unzip it to get the .img file.
3) Connect the TF card to the PC, use SDFormatter.exe software to format the TF card.
4) Open the Win32DiskImager.exe software, select the system image downloaded in step 2, and click‘Write’ to write the system image.
5) After the image has finished writing, save, and quit the TF card safely.
6) Power on the Raspberry Pi and wait for a few seconds until the LCD displays normally. And the touch function can also work after the system starts.
To change the orientation of the display, you can modify /boot/config.txt file as below
- Open the file
sudo nano /boot/config.txt
- Add the following code at the end of config.txt
- Rotate 90 degrees
- Rotate 180 degrees
- Rotate 270 degrees
If you use Raspberry Pi 4, you need to remove the line: dtoverlay=cv4-fkms-V3D
- Save and reboot Raspberry Pi
- Open a terminal and type the following command to adjust the brightness. Note: If the command reports the 'Permission denied' error, please switch to the 'root' user mode and execute it again.
echo X > /sys/class/backlight/rpi_backlight/brightness
- X can be value in range 0~255. The backlight is turned off if you set it to 0 and the backlight is set to lightest if you set it to 255
echo 100 > /sys/class/backlight/rpi_backlight/brightness echo 0 > /sys/class/backlight/rpi_backlight/brightness echo 255 > /sys/class/backlight/rpi_backlight/brightness
- We also provide a example for brightness adjusting, you can download and install it by following commands:
wget https://www.waveshare.net/w/upload/3/39/Brightness.tar.gz tar -xzf Brightness.tar.gz cd brightness ./install.sh
Install virtual keyboard
Open a terminal and install it by the following command
sudo apt-get install matchbox-keyboard
After installing, you can click Accessories -> Keyboard to open the keyboard.
Since the first-generation Raspberry Pi released, Waveshare has been working on designing, developing, and producing various fantastic touch LCDs for the Pi. Unfortunately, there are quite a few pirated/knock-off products in the market. They're usually some poor copies of our early hardware revisions, and comes with none support service.
To avoid becoming a victim of pirated products, please pay attention to the following features when purchasing:
Beware of knock-offs
Please note that we've found some poor copies of this item in the market. They are usually made of inferior materials and shipped without any testing.
You might be wondering if the one you're watching or you've purchased in other non-official stores is original, feel free to contact us.