DonkeyCar for Pi-Calibrate DonkeyCar
From Waveshare Wiki
Guide of DonkeyCar
- Setup Raspberry Pi
- Setup Linux PC
- WEB Control
- Calibrate DonkeyCar
- Data Collection
- Train Data
- WiKi of PiRacer Pro | WiKi of PiRacer
- To make sure that the Donkeycar can turn around successfully, you need to calibrate the car both in hardware and software.
- Keep the front wheels forward when assembling. You need to adjust the length of the pull-bars.
- Adjust the steering servo
- Open the terminal and use commands to calibrate
cd ~/mycar donkey calibrate --channel 0 --bus=1
- Type value 360 (or 300, 400) to check if the steering servo turns
- Adjust the value to make the servo turns to the center place (keep forward) and remember the value. For example, if the value 330 could work and let the servo keep in the center, you can test if 230 and 430 can let the servo turns to the far left and the far right.
- Then Once you get the far left data and the far-right data, you can modify the config.py file and change the STEERING_LEFT_PWM and STEERING_RIGHT_PWM.
- Note that you cannot set the angle in which the steering servo turns too big or too small. You can adjust it as below (far right)
- Finally, check if the throttle is set correctly as below