CH343 USB UART Board
USB To UART Module, Micro / Mini / Type-A / Type-C Connectors, High Baud Rate Transmission
- Adopts new version CH343G chip. Compared with CH340G, it supports a higher data rate (up to 6Mbps) and more serial port IO levels (5V / 3.3V / 2.5V / 1.8V).
- Supports Mac, Linux, Android, Windows 7/8/8.1/10/11.
- Onboard resettable Fuse and Transient Voltage Suppressor, anti-overcurrent and anti-overvoltage, anti-surge, anti-static, improve shock resistance, stable and safe communication performance.
- Onboard IO protection circuits, anti-surge, anti-static, stable, and safe communication performance.
- Onboard 3.3V and 5V TTL level switch pins for selecting TTL communication level.
- Support 3.3V/5V output (the module is powered by USB, and the onboard jumper should be shorted to 3.3V or 5V accordingly).
- Adopts double-sided black immersion gold process, which is durable and has a good look.
- Host interface: USB
- Device interface: UART
- Communication range: 50bps ~ 6Mbps
- USB Device Interface:
- Connector: mini-USB, micro-USB, USB Type-A, USB Type-C;
- Protection: resettable Fuse, ESD protection
- UART interface:
- Connector: 6pin right-angle pin header;
- Protection: IO protection diode
|Product Type||USB to TTL|
|Communication rate||50bps ~ 6Mbps|
|Serial Port TTL Level||5V/3.3V/2.5V/1.8V①|
|Operating System||Mac OS, Linux, Windows 11 / 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7, Android|
①: The onboard 5V/3.3V can be selected by the jumper cap or the jumper cap can be unplugged, and the external voltage input can also be used (2.5V/1.8V, except industrial grade).
|VCC||5V or 3.3V output for external device (configured by jumper)|
|TXD||Connects to MCU.RXD|
|RXD||Connects to MCU.TXD|
|RTS#||Connects to MCU.CTS|
|CTS#||Connects to MCU.RTS|
|RI#||MODEM contact input signal, ringing indication, active low|
|DCD#||MODEM contact input signal, carrier detection, active low|
|DTR#||MODEM contact output signal, data terminal ready, active low|
|DSR#||MODEM contact input signal, data device ready, active low|
CH343 is a USB bus adapter chip, realizes USB to high-speed asynchronous serial port and supports up to 115200bps communication Automatic identification and dynamic self-adaptation of baud rate, providing common MODEM contact signals for expanding asynchronous serial ports of computers, or feature USB bus for the common serial device or MCU.
How to use
For most of the PC, the driver for CH343 is CDC by default, if you need to use the VCP driver, please download the driver and install it manually.
The CH343 USB UART board use software flow control by default, if you want to use hardware flow control, connect CFG to EN for CDC mode, and set in SSCOM software for VCP mode.
To work with Raspberry Pi, it is driver-free, just connect and check with the following command:
The port should be named ttyACM0, user can use the minicom tool to test.
sudo apt-get install minicom -y minicom -D /dev/ttyACM0
To use with MacOS, please download the driver and follow the guide:
To use it with an Android device, please download the APP and test it.
- CH343 datasheet
- SSCOM software
- CH343 VCP driver for Windows
- CH343 driver for MacOS
- MacOS guide
- UART APP in Android
Beware of knock-offs
Please note that we've found some poor copies of this item in the market. They are usually made of inferior materials and shipped without any testing.
You might be wondering if the one you're watching or you've purchased in other non-official stores is original, feel free to contact us.