FT232 USB UART Board (micro)
|Model||USB to UART TTL|
|Baudrate||300bps ~ 3Mbps|
|OS Support||Support Win7/8/8.1/10/11, Mac, Linux, Android, WinCE...|
|VCCIO||5V or 3.3V available for external devices (via jumper cap)||-|
|TXD||Serial data transmit pin, connect to MCU.RX||Output|
|RXD||Serial data receive pin, connect to MCU.TX||Input|
|RTS#||Request to send, used to control data sending, connect to MCU.CTS||Output|
|CTS#||Clear sending for controlling data sending, connect to MCU.RTS||Input|
|RI#||Ringing indication, used to detect whether the external device is ringing, low active||Input|
|DCD#||Data carrier detection, low active||Input|
|DTR#||Data terminal is ready for controlling external devices, low active||Output|
|DSR#||Dataset is ready for detecting whether the external device is ready, low active||Input|
|RESET#||FT232 reset pin, low active (pull low the RESET pin, FT232 reset)||Input|
FT232 UART UART Board is a UART module that converts the USB interface to the TTL level. This module enables data communication by connecting the USB interface of a computer or other device to TTL logic-level devices such as microcontrollers, sensors, etc.
How to Use
There are two drivers for FT232: VCP and D2XX.
- VCP (Virtual COM Port): The PC side will be recognized as a serial port, using the serial protocol.
- D2XX driver: The PC side will be recognized as a USB port and needs to be operated using API functions. This product provides a VCP example, so we will only discuss the installation of the VCP driver below.
The following is an example of the driver installation steps for the Windows 10 64-bit system:
- Connect the FT232 USB UART Board to the PC.
- After installing the driver program, connect the FT232 USB UART Board to the USB port of the PC, and the PC finds the new hardware.
- Right-click the Windows on the left corner of the PC, choose "Device Manager", and you can see as shown below:
COM Port Setting (Optional)
The COM Port may change, you can configure it to the specified COM port by the following steps, as follows: right-click the COM port in the above figure, click "Port Settings" in the window, then click "Advanced, select the required (not occupied by other) COM port number from the down menu. (not occupied by other devices) COM port number can be:
Take RPI as an example, use the default driver, connect the device, and query the serial device name through the following command to use:
lsusb ls /dev/ttyUSB*
For example, use minicom to open UART0, input the following command line:
sudo minicom -D /dev/ttyUSB0
For example, connect the Android phone to the PC with FT232:
- Connect the USB port of FT232 to the USB port of the Android phone with the OTG adapter cable, and then connect to another FT232 and computer via the USB port.
- Download SerialTool_Android to the Android device, unzip it, and then install it.
- Whether to allow the APP to visit the USB device, click OK.
- Input the string to be sent in the Android serial tool, the computer can receive the corresponding on the sscom, and vice versa.
- Click to download the driver.
- Driver installation guide: Click here to see the tutorial.
- After installing, you can open SSCOM (MAC can directly download the serial debugging assistant online).
- FT32 USB UART Board Schematic
- USB TO TTL Schematic
- Android serial port assistant apk source code details
Temperature range: -15℃~70℃
Humidity range: 5%RH~95%RH
Beware of knock-offs
Please note that we've found some poor copies of this item in the market. They are usually made of inferior materials and shipped without any testing.
You might be wondering if the one you're watching or you've purchased in other non-official stores is original, feel free to contact us.
If you require technical support, please go to the Support page and open a ticket.