SIM8200EA-M2 5G for Jetson Nano
SIM8202G-M2: 4 Antenna version, dimension is: 30×42mm
The software for the two version are the same
This 5G/4G/3G Jetson Nano communication module adopts SIMCom 5G module SIM8202G-M2, supports 5G NSA and SA networking, providing data rate up to 2.4 Gbps (DL) / 500 Mbps (UL).
The baseboard features a standard M2 connector, which allows connecting with different 4G or 5G communication modules in the M2 package. There are also onboard interfaces like USB3.1 port, audio jack, SIM card slot, etc. Combined with our configuration script and development resources, it is easy to enable 5G high-speed communication for the Jetson Nano or computer. This 5G module is ideal for fast evaluating 5G modules, as well as being integrated into sorts of applications where a 5G connection is required.
- Standard 40PIN GPIO extension header supports direct attaching to Jetson Nano.
- Comes with the SIM8202G-M2 core module, based on Qualcomm Snapdragon X55 platform, with multi-mode multi-band support.
- 5G/4G/3G communication, supports functions like a phone calls, SMS, cloud communication, etc.
- USB3.1 port for testing AT commands, sending messages, cloud communication, making phone calls, getting GNSS positioning data, etc.
- SIM card slot supports 1.8V / 3V SIM card.
- 2 x LED indicators, easy to monitor the working status.
- AT command support, based on 3GPP TS 27.007, 27.005, and V.25TER command set.
- Onboard audio jack and audio decoder, allows audio operation like making phone calls.
- Multi-constellation dual-band positioning: GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo, and QZSS.
|n1, n2, n3, n5, n7, n8, n12, n20, n28, n38, n40, n41, n48, n66, n71, n77, n78, n79 (n79 is only available for SIM8202G-M2)|
|Sub-6G(NSA)||n41, n77, n78, n79 (n79 is only available for SIM8202G-M2)|
|GNSS||GPS,GLONASS,Beidou,Galileo and QZSS|
|Sub-6G||4 Gbps (DL) / 500 Mbps (UL)|
|LTE||2 Gbps (DL) / 200 Mbps (UL)|
|HSPA||42 Mbps (DL) / 5.76 Mbps (UL)|
|Firmware upgrade||Supports firmware upgrade via USB port|
|Antenna connector||6x IPEX-4 connector||4x IPEX-4 connector|
|Applicable regions||Regions with 5G Sub-6G signal coverage including China, US, Japan, South Korea, Europe, the Middle East, Latin America, etc.|
|Application examples||CPE, Smart gateway, Drone, Live streaming, Remote medical treatment, Intelligent security|
Working With Window PC
Download the driver from （Resources->Software） to your PC and unzip it.
Go into the SIM8200_OS_Driver\Windows directory.
Go into the 1_install directory, and run the setup.exe file to install the driver.
After installing, a mobile network is generated and you get to use it to connect to the mobile network directly.
Install Driver Manually
For some of the PC, the mobile network is not generated after installing the driver above, In this case, you need to add it manually with the 2_AddManully file. Fin the Unknown device and right-click to update the driver as figure below:
Power on the 5G module and set the switch to ON. Your PC will recognize several unknown devices.
Right-click the unknown device and update the drive, browser the path manually: SIM8200_OS_Driver\Windows. note that you need to update the driver for all the unknown devices.
There will be four ports: AT is used for AT commands. Audio for dialing, Diagnostics for debugging, and the NMEA forGPS；
Please check if the mobile network icon generated this time.
Set up NDIS Dialing
If you have installed the driver manually, the PC cannot connect to the mobile network either, you need to set up NDIS dialing manually.
Open the sim8200 AT port with SCCOM software and send the following command.
Connect the passive GPS antenna to ANT5 port of 5G module, set the receiver to outdoor and keep the sticker side downward.
Open the AT port and send the following command to test:
Working with Jetson Nano
We recommend you use the new jetson-nano-sd-card-image, whose kernel version is higher than 4.9.140-tegra.
If you run with other Linux systems, please download the driver which is located in the SIM8200_OS_Driver\linux folder, and porting it according to the attached document.
Open a terminal and run the following command.
sudo apt-get install p7zip-full wget https://www.waveshare.com/w/upload/0/07/Sim8200_for_jetsonnano.7z 7z x Sim8200_for_jetsonnano.7z -r -o./Sim8200_for_jetsonnano sudo chmod 777 -R Sim8200_for_jetsonnano cd Sim8200_for_jetsonnano sudo ./install.sh
Please do not modify or delete the option,qmi_wwan_simcom, default.script, and install.sh folders, otherwise, the driver cannot be installed normally.
If the driver failed to install, please use 4.9.140-tegra version and try it again.
Test AT command
sudo apt-get install minicom sudo minicom -D /dev/ttyUSB2
cd Goonline make sudo ./simcom-cm
If you need to use the 5G module in your other device (linux）, please download the SIM8200_OS_Driver and porting the driver according to the document of SIMCOM.
About the speed
Due to the fact that there will be many inconsistencies between actual and laboratory conditions, the 5G speed will not be ideal and stable to maintain 100MBP:
- he distance of the base station, the closer to the 5G base station, the better the signal and the faster the speed;
- Base station load, the fewer people use, the faster the speed will be, and the rush hour will be slower;
- Number of base stations: Due to the spectrum relationship, the equivalent 4G coverage rate requires double 5G base stations
- Operator: You need to confirm whether your 5G card is speed-limited, and you can regularly ask the operator to reset your network
- Indoors are worse than outdoors: building penetration attenuation, and indoor diffraction attenuation
PS: The current number of base stations is still not well covered, and the speed measurement in different locations is not the same.
- SIm8200 Series AT Command Manual
- SIM8200EA-M2 Hardware Design Manual
- SIMcom SIM8200EA-M2 resources
- SIMcom SIM8202G-M2 resources
If you require technical support, please go to the Support page and open a ticket.