JetBot ROS AI Kit
This is a high-performance AI Jetbot for people who learn and develop the ROS system. It adopts the ROS system and two controllers: the microcontroller of Raspberry Pi RP2040 and the AI host controller of JETSON-NANO-DEV- KIT-A. As the expansion board integrates OLED, servo motor drive circuit, battery protection circuit, the audio output circuit and so on, you do not need to weld the circuit. It can be charged without unloading, so you do not need to remove the batteries repeatedly. It features the built-in IMU posture sensor, and the DC encoder motor controls the rotating speed through PID, which can output wheel odometry data. In terms of the software, it is compatible with NVIDIA JetBot open source project program, supports AI deep learning, SLAM mapping and navigation, OpenCV visual processing, intelligent voice interaction, etc.
- Onboard 3 x 2600mah 18650 batteries, its voltage output is up to 12.6V with stronger motor power.
- Onboard S-8254AA + AO4407A lithium battery protection circuit, it can prevent overcharge, over-discharge, overcurrent, and has short circuit protection.
- The onboard INA219 is convenient for real-time monitoring of battery voltage and charging current.
- With 0.91-inch 128 × 32 resolution OLED, it can display real-time data from the car, such as IP address, memory, battery power, etc.
- Featured MPU9250 IMU posture sensor, the direction of the robot can be accurately judged.
- With the coded DC gear motor, it supports PID debugging and outputs wheel odometry data.
- With Raspberry Pi RP2040 dual-core micro-controller, it has better real-time performance and higher accuracy in control.
- Adopting the ROS system and a series of visual software, it can be developed more.
- Support I2C slave mode control, it is fully compatible with NVIDIA JetBot open source project program without porting and is easy to achieve AI functions such as obstacle avoidance and autonomous line tracking.
Expansion Board Introduction
1. When the micro-control program on the expansion board starts, the LED light is always on and the IMU is in the calibration state. After the calibration, the LED flashes. If the LED does not flash, the program is not running normally, please try pressing RESET to restart, or burn the firmware program again.
2. The JetBot needs to be still and horizontal when calibrating the IMU, or the wrong IMU data will keep the robot rotating. Please place the car on the level and keep it still, then press RESET.
3. Please connect the expansion board to I2C and Jetson Nano by USB, and it will be recognized after connecting correctly.
4. If the volume is too large, The sound is stuck when the current is insufficient. Please reduce the volume to an appropriate position.
5. If there is an error when starting the related nodes of the chassis, you can try pressing RESET to restart the program. If the LED does not blink after restarting, you can download the firmware program again.
6. Connect the Type C interface of the expansion board to the computer, press and hold the BOOT button, and then press the RESET button. The RP2040 chip will enter the download state. The computer will recognize the U disk and you can put the firmware program to the U disk to download.
Note 1: Before assembling, you need to turn the power switch to "OFF". Please disconnect the power supply at first. Otherwise, it can easily lead to short circuits and burn out the device, and the product may be damaged.
Note 2: When assembling, install the jetson nano first and then install the battery. When disassembling, remove the battery first and then remove the jetson nano. Otherwise, it is easy to cause a short circuit in the process of disassembly and assembly.
Note 3: Do not tighten the four studs when installing the jetson nano, tighten the four studs by half. Please adjust the position of the board to align with the pogo pins, and then press the board and then tighten it. Direct tightening will also cause the pogo pins to contact poorly.
Note 4: When the battery is connected for the first time, there may be no power output. It needs to be charged to activate the battery protection chip to output. The power switch needs to be turned to "ON".
Note 5: If the positive insulating pad of the battery is damaged, it is recommended not to continue to use it, which may cause a short circuit and fire. When removing the battery, do not use a screwdriver to pry the positive electrode of the battery, which may cause a short circuit. Please pry the negative electrode of the battery.
Precautions for the Lithium Batteries
- Li-ion and Li-po batteries are quite unstable. They may cause fire, personal injury, or property damage if they're not properly recharged or used.
- Do not reversely connect the polarities when recharging or discharging the battery. Do not use an inferior charger/charging panel to recharge the battery.
- Do not mix old batteries with new ones when using, or use batteries with different brands.
- When buying a Lithium battery, you should make sure the battery is compatible with the expansion board. Choose batteries from the formal manufacturer, and ensure the batteries will work stably and safely by aging test.
- Lithium batteries have a cycle life, please replace the old battery with a new one when it reaches its service life or when it has been used for two years (whichever comes first).
- Please place the battery carefully and properly, keep it away from inflammable and explosive articles, away from children, and avoid any safety accident caused by careless storage.
JetBot ROS AI Kit Basic Tutorial
- How to Assemble JetBot
- How to Install Jetson Nano Image
- Install Ubuntu Virtual Image
- How to Configure Multi-machine Communication
- Robot Movement Control
- View Node Topics with ROS
- How to Calibrate the Robot Odometer
- How to Enable the Camera Node
- How to Enable the Lidar Node
JetBot ROS AI Kit Advanced Tutorial Directory
- How to Analysis the Radar Data?
- SLAM Lidar Mapping
- Autonomous Navigation
- ROS OpenCV
- ROS Intelligent Voice
- Install ROS System on Jetson Nano & Environment Cofiguration
- Install ROS System in Ubuntu Virtual Machine & Environment Configuration
- ROS Voice Environment Configuration
JetBot User Guide
- Log in JupyterLab
- Motor Driver
- Gamepad Control
- OLED Display
- Automatic Obstacle Avoiding
- Target Line Patrol
- ROS Official Link
- Jetson Nano User Guide
- Ssd mobilenet v2 coco(new)
- Ssd mobilenet v2 coco
NVIDIA Official Resource
- Get Started with Jetson Nano
- Jetson Nano Forum
- Nvidia Jetson Nano
- Nvidia Free AI Tutorial
- Jetson Nano 3D Drawing
- Jetson Nano Developer Kit 3D Drawing
- Nvidia Deep Learning
- NVIDIA Multimedia Document