RPI WAVEGO ACCE
The WAVEGO is a high-DOF bionic dog-like robot that features 2.3kg.cm large torque servos, reliable structure, and flexible motion, incorporating devices like front camera, 9-axes motion tracker, RGB indicator, etc., together with open source multi-platform Web application. It uses the ESP32 as a sub-controller for connecting rod inverse solving and gait generation, sharing calculating tasks for the host controller, an additional Raspberry Pi can be attached as the host controller for high-level decision operating.
- 12 degrees of freedom, the action is more flexible and rich.
- Multi-link leg structure + inverse kinematics algorithm, increasing the servo effective torque.
- ICM20948 9-axis motion tracker, can use self-balancing mode.
- 2.3kg. cm high-torque steering gear, the locked-rotor torque is up to 5.2kg. cm, and the scalability is stronger.
- ESP32 is equipped with an OV2640 camera, which can realize low-latency image transmission with a 2.4G external antenna.
- The structural parts are composed of 5052 aluminum alloy and PA12 nylon parts. There are 40 sets of bearings used in each joint of the whole body, and the structure is firm and reliable.
- Integrate a variety of interactive devices, including a 0.96-inch OLED screen, two RGB-LED indicators, an active buzzer, etc.
- The example code is developed using Arduino IDE, no need to manually configure the compilation environment, ESP32 will automatically establish a WIFI hotspot when it is turned on, you can use a mobile phone (Android/iOS) or computer (Linux/Windows/Mac) to connect and log in to the control page, just install A Chromium-based browser is enough, no app download is required.
- With a charging interface and automatic download circuit, you can use it while charging.
- Onboard two series 18650 batteries (not included), 5200mAh large capacity, larger output current, and stronger servo power.
- Onboard lithium battery protection circuit, with anti-overcharge, anti-over-discharge, anti-over-current, and short-circuit protection functions.
- The onboard AINA219 acquisition chip is convenient for real-time monitoring of battery voltage and charging current.
- 2*5P expansion interface is reserved for the remaining IO and serial port of ESP32. The functions include RGB expansion, RX0, TX0, G21, G15, G12, 3V3, 5V, and GND, which can be used to communicate with the host computer or connect to other devices.
- The Raspberry Pi can be installed as the upper computer to communicate with the lower computer through the serial port. As the lower computer, ESP32 can share a lot of computing power of the rod inverse solving and gait generation, leaving more resources for the Raspberry Pi for high-level function development.
- The Raspberry Pi kit is equipped with a cooling fan and an ultra-wide-angle lens. The Raspberry Pi routine includes a web application developed based on Flask-Streaming, which can use the functions developed based on OpenCV such as face recognition/color tracking/motion detection.
- All codes are open source and provide rich development documents and tutorials.
|WAVEGO BASIC||WAVEGO EX||WAVEGO Pi4 KIT|
Be sure to understand the following content before assembling.
1. Since this product uses a large number of servos, the servos are used as the component of the angle changing mechanism, and the wrong assembly will cause the robot to fail to operate normally.
2. Refer to the product assembly tutorial,use the correct screws to assemble the corresponding module, otherwise it may cause the angle deadband of the Leg link action to be too large or damage the structural parts.
3. When it comes to the assembly part of the anti-loose nut, the tightening degree of the nut should not be too tight or it cannot rotate normally, nor too loose or it will shake outside the rotation plane.
4. All the above problems can be avoided as long as the following assembly instructions are strictly followed.
5. We also provide a pre-assembled version package and the servo is callibrated, so you do not need to assemble.
- WAVEGO Pi4 Kit
- WAVEGO Basic
- How to Assemble and Use WAVEGO
- How do I know WAVEGO servo is assembled and calibrated properly
- WAVEGO API Tutorial
- WAVEGO: Custom Action Development Tutorial
- WAVEGO GPIO Control
- WAVEGO-WS2812 LED
Note: The provided ESP32 board has been flashing, you can just assemble and use it as the video. This guide is provided for the users who would like to modify the codes themselves.
Install Arduino IDE
- Download the Arduino IDE from Arduino.cc website.
- Please choose the Arduino IDE version according to your OS.
- Download and install the IDE according to the prompt.
Install Arduino core for the ESP32
- Run the Arduino IDE, and click File.
- Click Preferences.
- In the Additional Boards Manager URLs box, input the link: https://dl.espressif.com/dl/package_esp32_index.json then click OK.
- Download the package, unzip, and copy the packages file to the following path:
Download demo code and dependency libraies
- Download and unzip Libraries. Open the default installation path on the Arduino: C:\Users\xutong\AppData\Local\Arduino15\libraries (please refer to your actual location), and copy these files to Libraries.
Upload example to WAVEGO
- Download WAVEGO Open-source demo (Arduino), and double click the Arduino\WAVEGO\WAVEGO.ino
- Choose Tools > Port to check the COM port already on your PC. No need to click on this COM (different computers show different COMs, remember the COMs you already have on your computer).
- Connect the driver board to the computer with the USB cable.
- Choose Tools > Port, and click the new COM port.
- Click Tools > Boards: > ESP32 Arduino > ESP32 Dev Module, and choose ESP32 Dev Module.
- Configure as the below options: (Partition Scheme is better to use Huge APP, PSRAM must be Enabled, otherwise the camera will flash black.)
Dev Board: "ESP32 Dev Module" Upload Speed: "921600" CPU Frequency: "240MHz(WiFi/BT)" Flash Frequency: "80MHz" Flash Mode: "QIO" Flash Size: "4MB(32Mb)" ''' Partition Scheme: "Huge APP(3MB No OTA/1MB SPIFFS)" PSRAM: "Enabled"'''
- Once the settings are complete, click Upload to upload the demo to the device.
- If you encounter problems during the period, you need to reinstall or replace the Arduino IDE version, uninstall the Arduino IDE needs to be uninstalled cleanly, after uninstalling the software you need to manually delete all the contents of the folder C:\Users\[name]\AppData\Local\Arduino15 (you need to show the hidden files in order to see it) and then Reinstall.
Answer: First, check if the Raspberry Pi is using the serial port of the subcontroller. If it is connected to the Raspberry Pi, please disconnect it and upload the program again. If the automatic download of the program fails, please enter the download mode manually. After compiling the program, press and hold the boot button while uploading the program and release the boot button during the rst button press. If the problem cannot be solved, please return it for repair.
Answer: Please check the configuration you set when burning the image. For more information, please refer to the product installation tutorial on the WAVEGO Raspberry Pi Wiki page. If you still cannot burn the image successfully, please help the customer burn the image through remote login.