UPS Power Module
UPS Power Module For Jetson Nano, 5V Uninterruptible Power Supply, Multi Battery Protection Circuits.
- I2C bus communication, monitoring the battery's voltage, current, power, and remaining capacity in real-time.
- 0.91" OLED for displaying info like battery voltage, IP address, RAM usage, etc.
- Multi battery protection circuits: overcharge/discharge protection, over current protection, short circuit protection, and reverse protection, along with the equalizing charge feature, are more safe and stable.
- Onboard 5V regulator, up to 2.5A continuous output current.
- Batteries warning indicators, easy to check if the battery is connected correctly.
- Output Voltage: 5V
- Charger: 8.4V 2A
- Control bus: I2C
- Supported battery: 18650 Li battery (NOT included)
- Battery capacity: 4x batteries 10400mAh
- Dimension: 113mm × 79mm
- Mounting hole: 2.5mm
The 8.4V interface is the charge port. You can plug the 8.4V 2A charger provided for charging the batteries.
The switched is the power switch, you can turn it into ON/OFF to turn on/off Jetson Nano Developer Kit
WARNING LED are the indicators of batteries, they turn on if you reverse batteries.
Note 1: Please check the WARNING LED when you mounting batteries, make sure that you set all the batteries in the correct way. You cannot charge batteries if you reverse them.
Note 2: The board may not work when you mount the batteries for the first time, you need to charge batteries on board for a while to activate them.
Note 3: Please use the charger provided, the module may be destroyed by other unsuitable power adapters/chargers.
- Li-ion and Li-po batteries are quite unstable. They may cause fire, personal injury, or property damage, if they're not properly recharged or used.
- Do not reversely connect the polarities when recharging or discharging the battery. Do not use inferior charger/charging panel to recharge the battery.
- Do not mix use old batteries with new ones, avoid using batteries of different brands.
- When buying Lithium battery, should always make sure the battery specification is compatible with the expansion board. Choose batteries from formal manufacturer, and ensure the batteries will work stably and safely by aging test.
- Lithium batteries have limited cycle life, they will also deteriorate as time goes by. Should be replaced with new ones when the batteries reaching their max cycle life, or working over two years, whichever comes first.
- Should be placed carefully and properly, keep it away from inflammables and explosives articles, away from children, avoid any safety accident caused by careless storage.
How to use
You should connect the UPS Power Module with your Jetson Nano Developer Kit by the 6PIN cable. You should connect 5V to 5V, 3.3V to 3.3V, otherwise, you may destroy the Jetson Nano Developer Kit because of wrong connection.
Open a terminal and install the display code by the following command. The codes are used for display information on OLED like the voltage, current, etc.
git clone https://github.com/waveshare/UPS-Power-Module cd UPS-Power-Module sudo ./install.sh
OLED will display the IP address, battery voltage, current and the percentage of battery quantity, as well as the CPU, GPU and memory information after starting the server.
Note: if the current value is negative, it means that the batteries are feeding the Jetson Nano Developer Kit. If the current value is positive, it means that the batteries are charging.
If you want to print the battery information to the terminal you can refer to the following script.
The script can be run by the following command.
python3 -m ups_display.ina219
sudo python3 -m ups_display.display_server
If you can display the circuit by running this command, there is no problem. There should be a problem with the boot service, you can run the following two commands to uninstall and reinstall it.
sudo systemctl disable ups_display sudo pip3 uninstall ups_display