Template: IT8951 Epaper FAQ
Questions About Software & Hardware
2. Try changing the USB interface. It is recommended to use the USB interface on the back of the PC. Relatively speaking, the power supply current will be larger.
3. Turn the DIP switch to the end. During shipping, the DIP switches may be loosened, and the floating configuration pins cannot put the IT8951 into USB mode.
If you fail to refresh, check whether the hard link is normal, use the USB port on the back of the PC (most of the USB ports on the front of the PC have weak power supply capability), and replace the e-paper test. Note: Do not plug and unplug the e-paper with power on, otherwise the driver board and e-paper may be damaged.
Questions About Screen
- 【Operating condition】Temperature range: 0~50°C; Humidity range: 35%~65%RH
- 【Storage condition】Temperature range: below 30°C; Humidity range: below 55%RH; Maximum storage time: 6 months
- 【Transportation condition】Temperature range:-25~70°C; Maximum shipping time: 10 days
- 【After unpacking】Temperature range: 20°C±5°C; Humidity range: 50±5%RH; Maximum storage time: Assembled within 72 hours
- Refresh mode:
- Full refresh: The e-ink screen will flicker several times during refreshing (the flicking times depends on the refresh time), and the flicker is to remove the ghosting to achieve the best display effect.
- Partial refresh: The e-ink screen has no flickering effect during refreshing. Users who use partial flashing should pay attention to performing a full flashing operation to remove the ghosting after refreshing several times, otherwise, the ghosting problem will become more and more serious, or even damage the screen. (At present, only some black and white e-ink screens support local brushing, please refer to the product page for details).
- Refresh frequency:
- During use, it is recommended that customers set the refresh interval of the e-ink screen to at least 180 seconds. (Except for products that support the partial refreshing function)
- During the standby process (that is, after the refresh operation), it is recommended that the customer set the e-ink screen to sleep mode, or power off (the power supply part of the ink screen can be disconnected with an analog switch) to reduce power consumption and prolong the life of the e-ink screen. (If some e-ink screens are powered on for a long time, the screen will be damaged beyond repair.)
- During the use of the e-ink screen, it is recommended that customers update the display screen at least every 24 hours. (If the screen keeps the same picture for a long time, there will be a burn-in situation that is difficult to repair).
- Application scenarios:
- The e-ink screen is recommended for indoor use. If it is used outdoors, it is necessary to prevent the e-ink screen from being exposed to direct sunlight, and at the same time, it is necessary to take ultraviolet protection measures, because charged particles will dry out under strong light for a long time, resulting in loss of activity and failure to refresh. This situation is irreversible. When designing electronic ink screen products, customers should pay attention to determine whether the use environment meets the requirements of electronic ink screens.