Template: 13.3inch PiPad C4 Guide
From Waveshare Wiki
Write Raspberry Pi OS
- Download the lasted Raspberry Pi OS image from the Rasberry Pi website and write it to an empty micro SD card.
- Create a new Txt file under the BOOT directory of the micro SD card and name it SSH.
- Modify the config.txt file which is located in the BOOT directory, and add the following lines to the config.txt file.
hdmi_group=2 hdmi_mode=82 hdmi_cvt 1920 1080 60 6 0 0 0
- Save and insert the micro SD card into Raspberry Pi.
- Connect the Magic mirror to the network and power on Raspberry Pi.
- After booting, you can access Raspberry Pi via SSH/VNC, or directly connect the keyboard and mouse.
Check the USB Audio Card
- Test the sound output device:
- Test the sound input device:
To reduce consumption, USB interfaces are disabled in CM4 by default. If you need to use USB ports, please add the following line to the config.txt file.
Then reboot the CM4. If you use the newest Bullseye image, the USB2.0 is set to OTG mode by default and occurs the error in CM4:
config failed, hub doesn't have any ports! (err -19)
To remove the errors, you can remove the line otg_mode=1 from the config.txt file and add the line:
Kepp Display Always On
- Modify lightdm.conf.
sudo nano /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf
- Find the line "Xserver-command" below the [SeatDefaults] section and change it from:
xserver-command=X -s 0 -dpms
- -s # – set screen saver not enabled.
- dpms turn off power saving management.
- Then save and reboot:
To use the RS232 interface, please modify the config.txt file:
sudo nano /boot/config.txt
Add the following line to the file and save.
To use the RS485, you need to enable the serial port of the PI.
Choose Interface Option -> Serial -> No -> Yes, then reboot.
- 1: Open or Close LCD display. If you don't need the LCD for a long time, you can use this button to reduce consumption.
- 2: Direction button.
- 3: "OK" function.
- 4: Open the menu and the "Return" function.