From Waveshare Wiki
- STLINK-V3MINIE is a stand-alone debugging and programming tiny probe for STM32 microcontrollers.
- The JTAG/SWD interfaces are used to communicate with any STM32 microcontroller located on an application board.
- STLINK-V3MINIE also provides a Virtual COM port interface for the host PC to communicate with the target microcontroller through one UART.
- STLINK-V3MINIE is a portable version easy‑to‑use debugger and programmer including STDC14 interface with its flat cable and onboard pads for board‑to‑board (BTB) card edge connector.
- Supports all STM32 series microcontrollers with JTAG/SWD interface.
- STLINK-V3MINIE Types: "STM32 Debug +VCP" and "STM32 Debug + Mass storage + VCP".
Connect STLINK-V3MINIE to PC
- STLINK-V3MINIE uses a USB interface to connect to a PC, and the driver is automatically installed by a toolset that supports ST-LINK. After connecting to the computer, the following driver will appear in the device manager, and a mass storage disk will appear when the computer is turned on.
- There may be some computer drivers that are not successfully installed, as shown in the figure below, you need to install the drivers by yourself. Click here to install.
- Right-click ST-Link Debug, ST-Link VCP Ctrl to update the driver.
JTAG/SWD Interface to Connect STM32 Target Board
- The STLINK-V3MINIE downloader is connected to the STM32 target board using the JTAG/SWD interface through the adapter board.
STLINK-V3MINIE does not provide any power supply to the target board.
Use Keil to Program
- Connect the downloader to STM32 target board, power on the board, and you can read the information of the target board after connecting.
- Click "Download" to download the program.
- Open STM32CubeProgrammer, and you can use ST-LINK or UART to program.
- How to program: Choose Erasing & Programming->Choose "hex" in "File programming"->Click to Connect the board->Press "Start Programming" to program the "hex" file.
Question:When using STLINK-V3SET, the downloader can be recognized by the keil software and the chip ID can be read, but the following error is reported?
Question:After connecting ST-LINK to the computer, the following error is prompted: ST-LINK USB communication eror?
This is generally caused by firmware problems, which can be upgraded with ST-link firmware to upgrade the software.
Question:In keil, the program can be downloaded and run normally, but when debugging I get errors like the following: Cannot access Memory Error while accessing a target resyntaxhighlight. The resyntaxhighlight is perhaps not available or a wrong access was attempted. *** error 57: illegal address (0x08000000)
Uncheck the Download to Flash option in the Options for Target->Debug->Settings->Debug->Download Options dialog box.
*Open the STVP download link:
- "Get Software"
- Click "Agree"
- Fill in the name and email address, check it, and click "download" to download, ST will send a link to your email, click the link, and repeat "Step 1" to download the software.
Question:ST-LINK can sometimes be downloaded, but sometimes the computer cannot recognize it and cannot download it?
1. If the USB port is in poor contact, try another USB port, or try another computer.
2. If the USB cable is loose and other problems, change a USB cable to test.
3. ST-LINK firmware problem, use utility to upgrade the firmware.
If you require technical support, please go to the Support page and open a ticket.