This is an entry-level development board based on Espressif ESP32-S2 SoC, which is equipped with Xtensa® 32-bit LX7 single-core processor, operating frequency up to 240 MHz, and supports secondary development without using other microcontrollers or processors.
The ESP32-S2 has industry-leading low-power performance and RF performance, supports IEEE802.11b / g / n protocol, integrates Wi-Fi MAC, Wi-Fi RF and baseband, RF switch, RF Balun, power amplifier, low noise Amplifier, etc, designed for various applications such as internet of things (IoT), mobile devices, wearable electronics, smart home, etc.
- Onboard ESP-12K module that comes with a PCB antenna.
- Onboard CH340, USB to UART converter.
- USB port for power input, firmware programming, or UART debugging.
- 2x21pin extension headers, breakout all the I/O pins of the module.
- 2x keys, used as reset or user-defined.
- Complete Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n, data rate up to 150Mbps.
- Built-in ESP32-S2 chip, Xtensa® single-core 32-bit LX7 microprocessor, support up to 240 MHz clock frequency, with 128KB ROM, 320KB SRAM, 16KB RTC SRAM.
- Support UART/GPIO/PWM/ADC/I2C.
- Integrate Wi-Fi MAC/ BB/RF/PA/LNA.
- Support multiple sleep modes, deep sleep current is less than 10uA.
- Built-in Lwip protocol stack.
- Support STA/AP/STA+AP work mode.
- Smart Config (APP) / AirKiss (WeChat) one-click distribution network supporting Android and IOS.
- Support serial local upgrade and remote firmware upgrade (FOTA).
- General AT command can be used quickly.
- Support secondary development, integrated Windows, and Linux development environment.
- Dimensions: 59.05mm x 25.50mm
- Package: DIP-42 (2.54mm pitch standard pin header)
- Antenna: PCB antenna OR IPEX connector
- WiFi frequency range: 2400~2483.5MHz
- Operating temperature: -40℃ ~ 85 ℃
- Storage condition: -40 ℃ ~ 125 ℃, < 90%RH
- Power supply
- Micro USB supply voltage 4.75V~5.25V, 5.0V recommended;
- Pin header supply voltage 3.0V ~ 3.6V, supply current > 500mA, 3.3V recommended
- Serial port data rate: support 110 ~ 4608000 bps, 115200 bps by default
- WiFi security: WEP/WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK
- SPI Flash: default 32Mbit (i.e. 4MByte)
- PSRAM: 8MByte PSRAM
【Note: The following use reference links are only in Chinese for the time being. For the convenience of reading, it is recommended to use Google Translate.】
① Compare ESP32S2 and ESP32 development methods, and take you to get started with environment construction
② ESP-12K is directly connected to Apple's smart home HomeKit platform, easy voice Siri control
③ Ai-Thinker drive the WS2812B light board with ESP-12K to achieve colorful lighting effects
④ In the smart home lighting industry, how to understand PWM smooth dimming?