How to set up Raspberry Pi Zero W as a 3G 4G router
From Waveshare Wiki
- Copy the following commands to the Raspberry Pi terminal (installation will be completed in about half an hour)
sudo apt update && sudo apt install network-manager network-manager-gnome openvpn openvpn-systemd-resolved network-manager-openvpn network-manager-openvpn-gnome -y && sudo apt purge openresolv dhcpcd5 -y && sudo ln -sf /lib/systemd/resolv.conf /etc/resolv.conf && sudo reboot
SIM7600 dial-up Internet
- After the above software is installed, a new network icon will appear. Right-click this icon and click 'Edit Connections'.
- Click here to create a connection
- Select Mobile Broadband -> Create
- Select the corresponding region and operator
- Set the APN according to the SIM card operator, and set APN to cmnet.
- Use *99# to dial by default
- Enter the general settings bar -> check 'All users may connect to this network' && 'Automatically connect to VPN'
- Left-click the network icon -> turn on the SIM7600X network card
- Create Wi-Fi connection
- You can customize the Connection name and SSID, and then select Hotspot mode -> Select Automatic band, as shown below:
- Enter WiFi security settings->WPA & WPA2 Personal->then set your password (at least eight digits, support pure numbers)
- Then set the 'All users may connect to this network' && 'Automatically connect to VPN'
- Turn on the mobile phone and other devices to connect to the hotspot