ETH/USB HUB HAT (B)
From Waveshare Wiki
Ethernet / USB HUB HAT (B) for Raspberry Pi Series, 1x RJ45, 3x USB 2.0
- The LEDs turn on if USB ports are enumerated successfully.
- To use Raspberry Pi Zero, the HUB HAT works with ejector pins.
- To use with other Raspberry Pi, the HUB HAT should be connected with a USB cable.
- Connect the USB HUT interface to the computer with a USB cable to see if the computer can recognize the USB HUB. If the module can be recognized it should work fine. Check whether the USB connector or the ejector pins are in poor contact.
- In addition, if the USB port of the Raspberry Pi ZERO is set to a wired network card, the USB HUB will not be recognized:
- Add the following command to the config.txt file:
sudo nano /boot/config.txt dtoverlay=dwc2,dr_mode=host
- Remove the following commands in the cmdline.txt file (if not configured, please ignore):
sudo nano /boot/cmdline.txt delete module-load=dwc2,g_ether
- Reboot the raspberry pi