From Waveshare Wiki
- Floyd-Steinberg dithering algorithm is suitable to show a rich sense of gradation based on a picture that has few colors. This makes it possible to obtain more color combinations and perform better shadow rendering on the original picture, especially suitable for e-Paper display.
- This instruction we will show you how to made Floyd-Steinberg image
- You can also refer to the demo codes of ESP32 or ESP8266 about the realization of the Floyd-Steinberg algorithm.
How to do
- Download the color table to your PC and unzip it
- Create a new Photoshop project, and set the resolution according to the e-Paper you use, set the color mode to RGB. For example, we use 7.5inch e-Paper whose resolution is 800*480 as example.
- Import the image to project, adjust the image as you want
- Select File -> Export -> Save as Web...
- Import the color table
- For black/white e-Paper, import Black-White.act, and save the image.
- For black/white/red e-Paper, import Black-White-Read.act and save.
- For black/white/yellow e-Paper, import Black-White-Yellow.act and save.
- For Seven-colors e-Paper, import N-color.act and save.