CM4-DUAL-ETH-MINI, a baseboard that can be used with Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4, supports 5V DC Type-C interface power supply, and features dual Gigabit Ethernet ports, single-channel USB2.0 with a fan interface and standard Raspberry Pi 40Pin interface, which is suitable for scenarios requiring multiple network ports such as soft routing.
1. Do not plug or unplug any device other than a USB while it is powered on.
2. Confirm the fan voltage before connecting, only 5V fans are supported.
3. The Type C interface can be used as a power supply or as a USB interface to program the image (need to use the DIP switch to switch).
4. In order to ensure the normal power supply for CM4, please do not connect other devices when using the Type C interface to program the image.
5. When CM4 is in normal use, it needs to provide 5V/2A power supply for CM4. Otherwise, there may be problems such as automatic shutdown, frequency reduction and so on.
6. USB2.0 is closed by default, if you want to open it, you need to add "dtoverlay=dwc2, dr_mode=host" in config.txt.
7. For Opwenwrt, see the instructions for use.
8. This expansion board does not support the POE function.
- Compute_Module 4
What's on Board
|1||40PIN GPIO header||For connecting various HAT modules|
|2||CM4 Connector||Applies to all versions of Compute Module 4|
|3||RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet port||Dual RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet port, support 10/100/1000M network access|
ETHERNET 0: CM4 network port
ETHERNET 1: PCIe expansion network port
|4||USB 2.0 Type-A port||supports various USB devices|
|5||FAN interface||5V four-wire SH1.0 interface, supports speed measurement and speed regulation|
|7||BOOT switch||ON: CM4 boots to USB Type C port|
OFF: CM4 boots to eMMC or Micro SD
|8||Type-C interface||5V/2.5A power supply port, can also be used as an eMMC programming interface|
|9||Micro SD Card Interface||For a Micro SD card with the system to start the Compute Module 4 Lite|
|10||RTL8111H||Gigabit LAN chip|
|11||Indicator||PWR: Indicates the power status of the Raspberry Pi|
SYS: Indicates the working status of the Raspberry Pi
|12||SYSTEM switch||EEPROM_WP: prevent EEPROM from being overwritten
WiFi_DIS: WiFi disabled, only for CM4 version with antenna
BT_DIS: Bluetooth disabled, only for CM4 version with antenna
Do not plug or unplug any device while it is powered on.
- Write Image for Compute Module Boards eMMC version
- Write Image for Compute Module Boards Lite version
- This simple program can control the fan automatically, which also will read the CPU temperature and automatically adjust.
- Install the library:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install python-pip sudo pip install RPi.GPIO
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install python3-pip sudo pip3 install RPi.GPIO
- Example program download:
wget https://www.waveshare.com/w/upload/e/ee/CM4-DUAL-ETH-MINI-Example.zip unzip CM4-DUAL-ETH-MINI-Example.zip -d ./CM4-DUAL-ETH-MINI-Example cd CM4-DUAL-ETH-MINI-Example/FAN/
- (Optional) Auto startup:
sudo nano /etc/rc.local
Add (../ please change to the path of your own file) before the last line 'exit 0':
- The new version of the Raspberry Pi system kernel integrates the driver of RTL8111H, if you can't find the network card, you can try to upgrade the software package:
sudo apt update sudo apt upgrade
- If using another version of the system, please install the driver:
wget https://www.waveshare.com/w/upload/e/ee/CM4-DUAL-ETH-MINI-Example.zip unzip CM4-DUAL-ETH-MINI-Example.zip -d ./CM4-DUAL-ETH-MINI-Example cd CM4-DUAL-ETH-MINI-Example/Driver/ tar vjxf r8168-8.050.03.tar.bz2 cd r8168-8.050.03 sudo ./autorun.sh
- (Optional) If you compile the kernel yourself, you can choose the following options to load the driver:
Device Drivers > Network device support > Ethernet driver support > Realtek devices > Realtek 8169/8168/8101/8125 ethernet support
Openwrt has the ability for full customization and extensibility. Openwrt is becoming more and more popular at present. Compared with commonly used wireless routers, OpenWrt's modifiable firmware allows us to customize router functions according to our own needs, such as single-arm routing, automatic Define routing policies, QoS, etc., intranet penetration, etc.
Note: Openwrt system will not provide any technical support if there is any problem during use, only the following tutorials and images are provided, and no other technical support other than hardware is provided.
- PS: Please check to add network card driver when compiling: kmod-r8169.
- CM4 OpenWrt Tutorial
- Raspberry Pi OpenWrt Tutorial 1: System Compilation and Configuration
- Raspberry Pi OpenWrt Tutorial 2: Build a Portable Raspberry Pi 4G Wireless Router
Question:What should I do if the I2C address of the RTC/FAN controller cannot be found using i2cdetect -y 10?
b) Check whether the /boot/dt-blob.bin file exists, if it cannot be used, please delete it.
If you require technical support, please go to the Support page and open a ticket.