21.5inch FHD Monitor
- 21.5-inch IPS screen, 1080 x 1920 hardware resolution.
- 10-point capacitive touch with toughened glass panel, hardness up to 6H.
- With the operating temperature of -5~60℃, can be widely applied.
- Adopting optical bonding technology for better display.
- When working with Raspberry Pi, it supports Raspberry Pi OS / Ubuntu / Kali and Retropie.
- When used as a PC monitor, it supports Windows 11 / 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7.
- Supports Ubuntu when it working with Jetson Nano.
- Supports multilingual OSD menu (can be used for power control, brightness/contrast adjustment, etc.)
- Built-in Hi-Fi Speaker, supports HDMI audio output.
|Model||21.5inch FHD Monitor||/|
|Resolution||1080 x 1920||Pixels|
|Overall Dimensions||519.38(H) × 301.00(V) × 18.00(D)||mm|
|Display Area||478.65(H) × 260.28(V)||mm|
|Pixel Pitch||0.1335(H) × 0.1335(V)||mm|
|Backlight Adjustment||OSD menu||/|
|Display Interface||Standard HDMI port||/|
|Default Power Consumption||36||Watt|
|Parameter||Min. Value||Standard Value||Max. Value||Unit||Note|
|Input Voltage||11.5||12.00||12.5||V||Note 1|
|Input Current||3||3||TBD||A||Note 2|
|Operating Temperature||-5||25||60||℃||Note 3|
|Storage Temperature||-10||25||70||℃||Note 3|
- Note 1: Input voltage exceeding the maximum value or improper operation may cause permanent damage to the device.
- Note 2: The input current must be ≥3A, otherwise, it will cause startup failure or abnormal display, and it may cause permanent damage to the device if it is in an abnormal state for a long time.
- Note 3: Please do not store the display in a high-temperature and high-humidity storage environment for a long time. The display must work within the limited value range, otherwise, the display may be damaged.
EDID Timing Parameters
If the system on the control board can automatically identify the EDID for display, there is no need to set the relevant timing parameters.
Otherwise, refer to the following EDID settings:
|Pixel Clock||H Addressable||H Blanking||V Addressable||V Blanking||H Front Porch||H Sync Width||V Front Porch||V Sync Width||H Image Size||V Image Size||H Border||V Border|
Working With Raspberry Pi
If the monitor you purchased is a 21.5-inch FHD Monitor (B) or 21.5-inch FHD Monitor (C), please skip this step and power it on to use without installation.
- Use tools such as pliers to cut and open the Raspberry Pi reserved hole bezel.
- Install the Raspberry Pi to the fixing hole, connect the HDMI adapter board, and plug the 5V power supply cable into the Raspberry Pi:
Raspberry Pi OS/Ubuntu/Kali and Retropie systems are supported. When the LCD works on systems such as the Raspberry Pi, the resolution must be set manually, otherwise, the display resolution will be incorrect and the experience will be affected.
1. Please download the newest image from the Official Raspberry Pi website.
2. Download the compressed file on the PC and unzip it to get the .img file.
3. Connect the TF card to the PC and use SDFormatter to format the TF card.
4. Open Win32DiskImager, choose the image prepared in the first step, and click "Write" to program the system image.
5. After programming, open the config.txt file in the root directory of the TF card and enter the following codes at the end of config.txt. Then, save and safely eject the TF card.
hdmi_force_hotplug=1 max_framebuffer_height=1920 hdmi_group=2 hdmi_mode=87 hdmi_timings=1080 0 40 20 60 1920 0 2 5 33 0 0 0 60 0 141120000 6 config_hdmi_boost=10
6. Insert the TF card into the Raspberry Pi and connect the Screen Touch port to the USB port of the Raspberry Pi. Connect the 12V 3A power adapter to the power port of the screen, wait for a few seconds, and then display normally.
If the system you used is Bullseye/Buster, you can rotate it in the following ways:
1. Enter Screen Configuration.
2. Rotate it as shown below:
If you use other systems, you can rotate it as shown below:
display_rotate=1 #1：90；2: 180； 3: 270
2. Save it and then reboot the Raspberry Pi.
As the touch direction is different after rotating, you need to rotate the touch as shown below:
1. Install libinput
sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-input-libinput
If the system you want to install is Ubuntu or Jetson Nano, the installation command is:
sudo apt install xserver-xorg-input-synaptics
2. Create xorg.conf.d directory in /etc/X11/. (If the directory exists, you can directly skip to Step 3.)
sudo mkdir /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d
3. Copy 40-libinput-conf file to the directory created just now.
sudo cp /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/40-libinput.conf /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/
4. Edit the file.
sudo nano /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/40-libinput.conf
Find the touchscreen part, add the following sentence, and then save.
Option "CalibrationMatrix" "0 1 0 -1 0 1 0 0 1"
As shown below:
5. Reboot the Raspberry Pi.
After finishing the above steps, the touch can be rotated 90 degrees.
90-degree rotation: Option "CalibrationMatrix" "0 1 0 -1 0 1 0 0 1"
180-degree rotation: Option "CalibrationMatrix" "-1 0 1 0 -1 1 0 0 1"
360-degree rotation: Option "CalibrationMatrix" "0 -1 1 1 0 0 0 0 1"
Set the Screen Always On
Some customers want to display without being affected by the screen saver function, and can be set as follows. Turn off the screen saver.
sudo nano /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf
Change lightdm.conf to find "xserver-command" under the [SeatDefaults] section, uncomment it, and change it to read as follows:
xserver-command=X -s 0 -dpms
-s # –: Set the screen saver not to enable.
dpms: Disable power saving management.
Set the Screen Off and On
Users can set the screen to turn off and on with the following commands.
vcgencmd display_power 0 vcgencmd display_power 1
Working with PC
Support Windows 11 / 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7 system
- Connect the Touch port of the LCD to the USB port of the PC, and Windows will automatically identify the touch function.
- Connect the HDMI port of the LCD to the HDMI port of the PC, and Windows will automatically identify the display function.
- Some PCs do not support HDMI device plug-and-play, and can generally be used normally after rebooting the system.
- If the 12V power supply is insufficient, the LCD screen will splash. It is recommended to use the matching 12V 3A power adapter or manually reduce the brightness for normal use.
Windows Touch Calibration
Take Windows 10 as an example:
- 1. Enter the Windows setting of the system, type in the search bar, and click "Calibrate the screen for pen or touch input" (as shown in the picture below):
- 2. Click "Setup" in the pop-up "Tablet PC Settings" interface:
- 3. The following text prompt will appear on the screen. Please tap the touch screen with your finger, and the computer will recognize it as a touch screen.
Appearance and Dimensions
If you require technical support, please go to the Support page and open a ticket.