Template: WAVEGO Guides
Be sure to understand the following content before assembling.
1. Since this product uses a large number of servos, the servos are used as the component of the angle changing mechanism, and the wrong assembly will cause the robot to fail to operate normally.
2. Refer to the product assembly tutorial,use the correct screws to assemble the corresponding module, otherwise it may cause the angle deadband of the Leg link action to be too large or damage the structural parts.
3. When it comes to the assembly part of the anti-loose nut, the tightening degree of the nut should not be too tight or it cannot rotate normally, nor too loose or it will shake outside the rotation plane.
4. All the above problems can be avoided as long as the following assembly instructions are strictly followed.
5. We also provide a pre-assembled version package and the servo is callibrated, so you do not need to assemble.
- WAVEGO Pi4 Kit
- WAVEGO Basic
- How to Assemble and Use WAVEGO
- How do I know WAVEGO servo is assembled and calibrated properly
- WAVEGO API Tutorial
- WAVEGO: Custom Action Development Tutorial
- WAVEGO GPIO Control
- WAVEGO-WS2812 LED
Note: The provided ESP32 board has been flashing, you can just assemble and use it as the video. This guide is provided for the users who would like to modify the codes themselves.
Install Arduino IDE
- Download the Arduino IDE from Arduino.cc website.
- Please choose the Arduino IDE version according to your OS.
- Download and install the IDE according to the prompt.
Install Arduino core for the ESP32
- Run the Arduino IDE, and click File.
- Click Preferences.
- In the Additional Boards Manager URLs box, input the link: https://dl.espressif.com/dl/package_esp32_index.json then click OK.
- Download the package, unzip, and copy the packages file to the following path:
Download demo code and dependency libraies
- Download and unzip Libraries. Open the default installation path on the Arduino: C:\Users\xutong\AppData\Local\Arduino15\libraries (please refer to your actual location), and copy these files to Libraries.
Upload example to WAVEGO
- Download WAVEGO Open-source demo (Arduino), and double click the Arduino\WAVEGO\WAVEGO.ino
- Choose Tools > Port to check the COM port already on your PC. No need to click on this COM (different computers show different COMs, remember the COMs you already have on your computer).
- Connect the driver board to the computer with the USB cable.
- Choose Tools > Port, and click the new COM port.
- Click Tools > Boards: > ESP32 Arduino > ESP32 Dev Module, and choose ESP32 Dev Module.
- Configure as the below options: (Partition Scheme is better to use Huge APP, PSRAM must be Enabled, otherwise the camera will flash black.)
Dev Board: "ESP32 Dev Module" Upload Speed: "921600" CPU Frequency: "240MHz(WiFi/BT)" Flash Frequency: "80MHz" Flash Mode: "QIO" Flash Size: "4MB(32Mb)" ''' Partition Scheme: "Huge APP(3MB No OTA/1MB SPIFFS)" PSRAM: "Enabled"'''
- Once the settings are complete, click Upload to upload the demo to the device.
- If you encounter problems during the period, you need to reinstall or replace the Arduino IDE version, uninstall the Arduino IDE needs to be uninstalled cleanly, after uninstalling the software you need to manually delete all the contents of the folder C:\Users\[name]\AppData\Local\Arduino15 (you need to show the hidden files in order to see it) and then Reinstall.