Template: RPI Camera Quick Start
To test the Camera, you need to connect a HDMI display or a DIS display for previewing.
The connectors of the DSI interface (display) and the CSI interface (camera) look the same, please take care of it when you connect the camera. The CSI interface is placed between the Audio jack and the HDMI port. the CSI connector of Pi zero is beside the Power interface. If you use Compute Module, please check the actual place of the carrier board.
- Connect ot Pi Zero Series
- Other Raspberry Pi boards
- The metal surface of the flexible cable is toward the HDMI interface, then connect it to the CSI interface.
Enable the Camera
If you use the newest Bullseye version Raspberry Pi OS, the camera interface is enabled by default, and you can just skip this part.
- Open a terminal and enter the configuration page by the following command
- Enable Camera Interface
- Choose Interface Options -> Camera -> Yes -> Finish -> Yes
- Reboot raspberry Pi
Test Camera(Bullseyes OS)
Open a terminal and test the camera with the following command：
sudo libcamera-hello -t 0
If you need to close the preview windows, you can use Alt-F4 or click the exit icon, or you can go back to the terminal and use ctrl-c to stop the application.
Test Camera（Buster OS）
Open a terminal and test the camera with the following command:
sudo raspistill -t 0
If you want to close the preview windows, you can use ctrl-C to stop the appliation.