Template: ESP8266 Guides for SPI e-Paper
Download Demo Codes
- Download the ESP8266 Demo codes e-Paper ESP8266 Driver Codes to your PC.
- Unzip the demo codes
- You should copy the esp8266-waveshare-epd folder to the %LOCALAPPDATA%\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.7.1\libraries folder which is under the installation directory of IDE.
- The path may be different according to the version of Arduino IDE and the ESP8266 libraries, you need to modify it if it is different.
- The esp8266-waveshare-epd is saved under the examples directory.
- Raw panel + ESP8266 Driver Board
- If you have the ESP8266 e-Paper Driver board as well as an e-Paper raw panel. You can just connect the e-paper panel to the ESP8266 board
- Configure the switch according to the type of display
|A||1.54inch e-Paper, 2.13inch e-Paper, 2.13inch e-Paper (D), 2.9inch e-Paper|
|B||1.54inch e-Paper (B), 1.54inch e-Paper (C)
2.13inch e-Paper (B), 2.13inch e-Paper (C)
Note: The ACeP e-Paper doesn't support this connecting method.
- e-Paper Module/HAT + ESP8266 Board
- If you have the ESP8266 Board as well as the e-Paper module/HAT which has PCB already, you can wire the displays by 8-pin cable pin
Run the Demo Codes
- Open the Arduino IDE
- Choose File->Examples-> waveshae-e-Paper -> And the project according to the type of display
- Build and program the ESP8266 board
- Open the serial monitor, you can check the debug information when running the demo codes