Template: 13.3inch PiPad C4 Guide
Write Raspberry Pi OS
- Download the lasted Raspberry Pi OS image from the Rasberry Pi website and write it to an empty micro SD card.
- Create a new txt file under the BOOT directory of the micro SD card and name it SSH.
- Modify config.txt file which is located at BOOT directory, add the following lines to config.txt file
hdmi_group=2 hdmi_mode=82 hdmi_cvt 1920 1080 60 6 0 0 0
- Save and insert the micro SD card to Raspberry Pi.
- Connect the Magic mirror to network and power on Raspberry Pi.
- After booting, you can access Raspberry Pi via SSH, or directly connect the keyboard and mouse.
Check the USB Audio Card
- Test the sound output device
- Test the sound input device
To reduce consumption, USB interfaces are disabled in CM4 by default. If you need to use USB ports, please add the following line to config.txt file.
Then reboot the CM4. If you use the newest Bullseye image, the USB2.0 is set to OTG mode by default, and it occurs the error in CM4:
config failed, hub doesn't have any ports! (err -19)
To remove the errors, you can remove the line otg_mode=1 from config.txt file and add the line:
kepp display lighting all the time
- Modify lightdm.conf
sudo nano /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf
- Find the line "Xserver-command" below [SeatDefaults] section and change it from
xserver-command=X -s 0 -dpms
- Then save and reboot
To use the RS232 interface, please modify the config.txt file:
sudo nano /boot/config.txt
Add the following line the file and save
To use the RS485, you need to enable the serial port of PI
Choose Interface Option -> Serial -> No -> Yes, then reboot
- 1: Open or Close LCD display. If you don't need the LCD for long time, you can use this button to reduce consumption
- 2: Direction button
- 3: "OK" function
- 4: Open menu and "Return" function