SX1302 LoRaWAN Gateway HAT
This is a communication HAT for Raspberry Pi with LoRaWAN protocol support, which incorporates the core LoRa gateway module SX1302 868M LoRaWAN Gateway. It has lots of advantages including long-range transmission, concurrent communication, large capacity node, and high receiving sensitivity. There are L76B GNSS module and Mini-PCIe socket on the baseboard for easy integration, along with our rich development resources, you can attach it to Raspberry Pi and build the LoRa network fast.
- Standard Raspberry Pi 40PIN GPIO extension header, supports Raspberry Pi series boards
- Incorporate L76B module with GPS/BD support, Gateway module for providing accurate clock and location info
- Comes with development resources and manual (example in C)
- Integrates Semtech SX1302 normal band and SX1250 radio RF frond-end chip, EU868 band
- Onboard PA and LNA, features 26dBm emit power and -141dBm high sensitivity receiving gain
- 10x signal channel supports multiple nodes concurrent communication and FEC (Forward Error Correction) algorithm
- Supports SF5~SF12 spreading factor, 19Kbps MAX (SF5/BW125KHz) data rate
- Utilizing SPI communication protocol and standard Mini-PCIe socket, for easy integration into sorts of embedded systems
|LORA GATEWAY||GNSS MODULE|
|Fequency range||EU868 (863-870MHz)||GPS L1 (1575.42MHz) |
BD2 B1 (1561.098MHz)
|Positioning accuracy||-||< 2.5m CEP|
|Emit power||> [email protected]||-|
|Receiving sensitivity|| [email protected]/SF12
|acquisition: -148dBm |
|Overall power consumption||emitting: [email protected] GPS on |
receiving: [email protected] GPS on
sleep: [email protected] GPS off
|Communication bus||SPI, I2C||UART|
|Dimensions||50.95 x 30mm|
The examples here are based on the TTS (https://eu1.cloud.thethings.network/oauth/login The THINGS STACK) and the [https://github.com/Lora-net/sx1302_hal Semtech SX1203 libraries).
If you want to create the cloud server yourself, please refer to LoRaWan-Stack.
Attach the LoRA HAT on the Raspberry Pi and set the GPS antenna in an open area where the sky is visible.
Open the terminal of the Raspberry Pi and install libraries with the following commands:
sudo apt update sudo apt install git cd ~/Documents/ git clone https://github.com/Lora-net/sx1302_hal.git cd sx1302_hal make clean all make install cp tools/reset_lgw.sh util_chip_id/ cp tools/reset_lgw.sh packet_forwarder/
- Sign up for a TTS account and login
- Get the gateway EUI and add the gateway device to TTS, please choose the correct frequency according to the local area.
# get sx1302 EUI cd ~/Documents/sx1302_hal/util_chip_id/ ./chid_id
- Go to the device Overview page and download the configuration file, then modify the test_conf file of sx1302_hal libraries according to the configuration file as figures
cd ~/Documents/sx1302_hal/packet_forwarder/ cp global_conf.json.sx1250.EU868 test_conf
- Run the packet_forwarder
- after running the codes, the gateway will keep connecting to the TTS
cd ~/Documents/sx1302_hal/packet_forwarder/ ./lora_pkt_fwd -c test_conf
If you require technical support, please go to the Support page and open a tickets.