Difference between revisions of "SIM7600G-H 4G DONGLE"
|Line 42:||Line 42:|
== Certification ==
== Certification ==
[[:File:SIM7600X-H 4G DONGLE_CE_EMC.pdf| CE]]
[[:File:SIM7600X-H 4G DONGLE_CE_EMC.pdf| CE]]
[[:File:SIM7600X-H-4G-Dongle-RoHs .pdf| RoHS2.0]]
[[:File:SIM7600X-H-4G-Dongle-RoHs .pdf| RoHS2.0]]
Revision as of 06:33, 29 April 2022
SIM7600X 4G DONGLE is an industrial-grade 4G dongle, which features up to 150Mbps downlink rate and 50Mbps uplink rate, supports operating systems including Windows/Linux/Android. By simply connecting it to a laptop, PC, Raspberry Pi, drone, industrial computer, or other IoT host device, it is easy to use a 4G network connection on the go.
|SIM7600CE 4G DONGLE||No||Mainly for China|
|SIM7600G-H 4G DONGLE||Support（GNSS antenna should be purchased separately）||Global|
- Supports 2G/3G/4G network connection.
- Driver provided, for operating systems including Windows/Linux/Android.
- Supports TCP/UDP/FTP/FTPS HTTP/HTTPS protocols.
- Supports network protocols such as TCP/IP/IPV4/IPV6/Multi-PDP/FTP/FTPS/HTTP/HTTPS/DNS.
- Onboard USB port, for directly connecting with ARM/X86 hosts or other industrial computers.
- Onboard UART port with hardware flow control, for connecting with host boards like Arduino/STM32.
- Nano SIM card slot; supports 1.8V / 3V nano-SIM card.
- 3 x LED indicators, easy to monitor the working status.
- Portable customized enclosure, mini size, nice looking.
- Baudrate support: 300bps ~ 4Mbps (115200bps by default).
- Baudrate auto-negotiation: 9600bps ~ 115200bps.
- SIM7600X 4G DONGLE
- A 4G Nano SIM card（The card should be workable and 4G accessible）
- Assemble the 4G antenna;
- Open the SIM card buckle, pull the SIM card slot according to the arrow as below;
- Plug the 4G SIM card and LOCK the SIM card slot according to the arrow, then close the buckle.
- Connect the USB port of the DONGLE to your PC. Raspberry Pi or other devices
- If you want to use GPS, please make sure that the DONGLE you bought is the SIM7600G-H version. You should set the receiver on the outside for GPS testing.
Networking in Windows PC
- Download Driver: SIM7600X driver
- Connect the DONGLE to Windows PC (Hereafter we use Windows 10 PC as example)）
- Unzip the driver file --> Double-click the exe driver file with the left mouse button --> Select the installation path --> NEXT --> Wait for the installation to complete --> Restart the computer --> Complete the driver installation.
- After installation, all the devices should be recognized normally as below:
- Connect the 4G DONGLE to Windows 10 PC， install drivers as the guide above.Then most of the PC will auto-connect to 4G network.
If your PC cannot auto-connect, you can try with PPPoE method:
In theory, the uplink speed of 4G network is up to 150Mbps and the downlink speed is up to 50Mpbs.
However, the actual speed is influenced by the Network coverage rate, time, network situation and the base station, etc.
Therefore, the actual speed of the 4G network will be slower than the expected data. In this case, you can change the area test it again or try it at other times.
Setup 4G Connection for Raspberry Pi (Raspbian)
The driver of SIM7600X has been pre-installed in Raspberry Pi OS (Raspbian), you need to install it again. You can following the following guide to set up 4G network connection. There are three ways:
- Raspberry Pi networked via RNDIS ——（Simplest）
- SIM868 PPP Dail-up Networking ——（Simple）
- Setup wwan0 interface for 4G network （Related code） ——（Complicated）
Set up Network for Jetson Nano
Please connect all the hardware and start Jetson Nano.
- Check and make sure that the module work normally by demo codes above.
- Open minicom by command
sudo minicom -D /dev/ttyUSB2
- Type the following command to check
AT+CNMP=38 AT+CSQ AT+CREG? AT+COPS? AT+CPSI?
- Download driver
cd wget https://www.waveshare.com/w/upload/4/46/Simcom_wwan.zip tar zxvf Simcom_wwan.zip cd Simcom_wwan sudo make
- Use root permission to install driver
sudo su insmod simcom_wwan.ko lsmod dmesg
- Check if the wwan0 interface is recognized
- Enable the wwan0 interface
ifconfig wwan0 up
- Dailing by minicom
minicom -D /dev/ttyUSB2 AT$QCRMCALL=1,1
- Allocate IP
apt-get install udhcpc udhcpc -i wwan0
- Now you can use 4G network
- If you get dns error, please fix it by this command
route add -net 0.0.0.0 wwan0
- Note：SIM7600CE-CNSE 4G DONGLE doesn't feature GPS function. If you want to use GPS, please purchase SIM7600G-H 4G DONGLE and GPS antenna separately.
- Remove the case, assemble the GPS antenna and replace it and close.
- When testing,You should set the receiver of GPS antenna in outside and please test it in sunny day., Power on and waiting for several minuts to get the postion;
2、AT Commands for GPS
- Commands and test result：
AT+CGPS=1 //Open GPS AT+CGPSINFO //Print GPS information to serial port AT+CGPS=0 //Close GPS
3、Obtain GPS data by software
- Assemble SIM card, LTE antenna。 Connect DONGLE to PC and power on it;
- Check if the indicators work normally, PWR keep lighting and NET is blinking;
- Set local SMS center: AT+CSCA="+8613800755500"+ ENTER，It will response OK。
Note: the number of SMS center is different among different areas, please confirm your local SMS center and modify it;
- AT+CMGS="phone number"<ENTEER>, Set the target phone number, it will response:“>”, input the content and send, for example:“Send massage test!”, Add 1A in hex in the end of the content to confirm the SMS content and send it without ENTER (You can also send 1B in hex to cancel the sending), Module response +CMGS：15 if SNS is sent properly
- Send a message from phone to the SIM7600 DONGLE: “This is a receive test for SIM7600X！”
- The serial port will print data when receiving, for example: “SM”， 20， it means that there are 20 messages in SM and the last message received is the 20th message.
- Read message：AT+CMGR=20 Read the 20th message读（AT+CMGL="ALL" to read all messages）
- Delete message：AT+CMGD=20
- Convert the message to string by convertor.。
In this case, it may be that you have not successfully connected to the network, you can follow the steps below to troubleshoot:
1. First check the hardware connection:
- Check if the MAIN antenna is well connected;
- Whether the connected SIM card can call and surf the Internet normally on mobile phones and other devices:
2. After confirming that there is no problem with the hardware, the software can use these instructions:
- Check whether the sim card is in good contact: AT+CPIN?
- Check if the network mode setting is correct: AT+CNMP?
- Check the signal quality of the current environment: AT+CSQ
- Check the operator's access situation: AT+COPS?
- Check the connection status: AT+CPSI?
- Check the operator's access situation: AT+CGDCONT?
- Check the connection status: AT+SIMCOMATI
- Check whether it is successfully registered to the network: AT+CGREG?
Restart SIM7600E-H after sending the following commands:
AT+CGPSNMEAPORTCFG=3 AT+CGPSNMEA=197119 AT+CGPSINFOCFG=10,31
This problem is generally caused by poor contact between the SIM card and the SIM card socket of the module.
Since the Raspberry Pi serial port is used for terminal debugging by default, if you need to use the serial port, you need to modify the Raspberry Pi settings. Execute the following command to enter the Raspberry Pi configuration:
Select Interfacing Options ->Serial ->NO ->YES to disable serial debugging
Open the /boot/config.txt file, find the following configuration statement to enable the serial port, if not, add it at the end of the file:
enable_uart=1Restart to take effect
It may be that the APN has not been obtained. Generally, the APN can be obtained automatically. In some areas (IoT card), it needs to be obtained manually. For example, it can be set by the following instructions:
AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","APN" //The APN of different operators is different, here the APN is changed to the corresponding operator, for example: China Mobile APN: CMNET; China Unicom APN: 3GNET; China Telecom APN: CTNET
It can be set by the following commands:
AT+CGDCONT=1,"IPV6","APN" //Switch to IPV6, the APN of different operators is different, pay attention to distinguish the settings AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","APN" //Switch back to IPV4
- No APN is set, configure APN as described above.
- After being banned, high-traffic (real-name IoT) cards are bound by chance cards and can only be used on one device (Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, Ministry of Public Security, must be issued to operators); The operator checks the status of the card and unlocks it.
The VOLTE function can be turned on with the following command:
The VOLTE function can be turned off with the following command:
Question:How to set the SMS center number? (SMS center number is a kind of short message server. The SMS sent by the mobile phone needs to be sent to the SMS center number first, and then forwarded to the other party's mobile phone by the SMS center number, which is equivalent to a short message transfer station.)
Command to add + Enter, return OK. Note: China Mobile's SMS service center number is +861380xxxx500, where xxxx is the long-distance telephone area code where you are located. The SMS center may be different from place to place. For details, you can query Baidu or call the customer service of China Mobile Unicom. This SMS center is Shenzhen (0755) ;
- Confirm that SIM7600X is registered to the network, and confirm that the SIM card can send and receive text messages normally on mobile phones and other devices;
- Set the correct SMS center number;
- Initialize SMS settings with the following commands:
The AUX antenna can increase the downlink rate: The AUX antenna is also a diversity antenna, which plays the role of receiving signals, improves the signal reception capability, and works with the MAIN antenna to increase the downlink rate.
- Under normal circumstances, SIM7600X has been automatically dialed after receiving the Windows system, and there is no need to repeat dialing. Repeated dialing will return NO CARRIER
- If you still can't dial-up Internet access, please use the following command to change to Windows default dial-up Internet access mode
- The display is turned off, the mobile network is not enabled, you can ignore it and go online directly;
- You can also install the driver SIM7600X dial-up Driver to update the network card
- The network card display is enabled after installing the driver
- Generally, the default configuration of SIM7600 is to automatically select the network standard, and it is likely to choose 2G Internet access; if you need to force the use of 4G mode, you need to enter the following AT command configuration:
AT+CNMP=38 //Fixed 4G LTE, if there is no local 4G coverage, you may not be able to register to the network
- If 4G has been fixed, the speed is still not ideal, it may be a frequency band problem;
AT+CNBP? //Back up the current frequency band (the returned frequency band information can be copied to notepad, etc.)
AT+CNBP=0x0002000000400183,0x000001E000000000,0x0000000000000021 //After returning OK, measure the speed
AT+CNBP=0x0002000004400180,0x000001E000000000,0x000000000000003F //If the speed does not improve, try this
1. Pay attention to check the device manager, the new device will be prompted during the upgrade process, and there will be no device driver during the first upgrade;
2. Pay attention to the USB cable. The speed of the USB cable is higher during the upgrade process. You need to choose a better quality USB cable to avoid poor contact.
3. You need to run the upgrade tool with administrator privileges (SIM7500_SIM7600_QDL V1.41 only for Update)
4. Uninstall and reinstall the upgrade tool (SIM7500_SIM7600_QDL V1.41 only for Update)
5. For more operation details, please refer to this video: https://www.waveshare.net/wiki/SIM7600-Firmware-upgrade-Video
If the short message is stored in the SIM card, usually 50 is the upper limit. You can use the command: AT+CPMS? Make a query
- Gain: 9dbi ± 0.7dbi
- It is recommended to use the more convenient RNDIS dial
- Can burn the latest Raspberry Pi Raspbian system, reconfigure NDIS dial-up
- Or use the image that has been configured with the driver NDIS dial-up and start the raspbian system image (the driver has been installed)
- Currently there is the driver source code of Android4-Android11, that is, the system version is Android4-Android11 only supported;
- Get the source code and SDK of the Android system of the target device (requires official image support), then add SIMCOM's Android system driver source code to the Android source code, and recompile (the compilation time varies from 1-10 hours, it is recommended to use a high-configuration PC operate);
- If the USB can be recognized, it means that the Android driver has been installed successfully. Set the module to 9011 mode or 9018 mode, and you can dial up to access the Internet;
- The steps to install the Android driver are cumbersome, and the operator is required to have certain Android system development experience and R&D capabilities.
The general operation is: download the sample program, after decompression, rename the c folder under the Raspberry folder to SIM7600X, then copy the entire SIM7600X folder to the Raspberry Pi /home/pi directory, and enter the command line to /home/pi /SIM7600X directory, and then execute the chmod 777 sim7600_4G_hat_init command.