Please take care of the direction of poles when mounting the batteries. It may damage the charge circuit if you reverse the batteries. And please use the same types of batteries, different types/brands of batteries may cause charging issue.
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi B+/2B/3B/3B+/4B.
- 4.3-inch IPS screen, 800×480 resolution.
- 60 FPS game experience, say goodbye to picture loss and stuttering.
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi B+/2B/3B/3B+/4B.
- With charging circuit, powered by 18650 lithium battery, easy to carry and play at any time.
- Onboard power indicator, easy to check the power of the game console.
- Onboard speakers and headphone jack, listen to the familiar BGM.
- Onboard volume and backlight adjustment buttons, adjust the status according to the occasion and experience a better experience.
The GamePi43 is a portable retro video game console based on Raspberry Pi 3B+ with a 4.3inch IPS display, 800x480 pixels.
- Raspberry Pi controller, available options:
- PI3B+, 64-bit 1.4G frequency quad-core CPU, 1G RAM
- PI4B-2GB, 64-bit 1.5G frequency quad-core CPU, 2G RAM
- 60 fps smooth gaming experience
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi A+/B+/2B/3B/3B+4B (external HDMI adapter is required for Pi Zero/Zero W/Zerao WH)
- Integrates battery charge circuitry, powered from 18650 lithium batteries (NOT included), plays anywhere anytime
- Battery life indicator
- Onboard speaker and earphone jack, listen to the familiar BGM from the old days
- Volume and backlight adjustment keys, adjust the device status according to a specific game, better experience
【Note】Please make sure you mount the batteries in correct direction, otherwise it may damage charging circuity
- Insert GPIo of Raspberry Pi to GamePi43
- Connect HDMI interface of GamePi43 to Raspberry Pi by HDMI connector
- If you use Raspberry Pi Zero/Raspberry Pi Zero W, you should use HDMI cable
- Turn power switch into OFF and mount 18650 batteries
To use GamePi43, you can install the driver manually or directly use pre-configured image
Method 1: Use pre-configured Image
Note: If you use Raspberry Pi 4B, please install the driver with the original Retripie image manually.
1) Pre-configured images
|OS||Revision||Raspberry Pi||User name/Password||Link|
|Retropie||V4.6||Raspberry Pi 4B||pi / raspberry||One Drive|
|Retropie||v4.4||Raspberry Pi 2/3/3B+||pi / raspberry||Google Drive|
|Retropie||v4.4||Raspberry Pi 1/Zero/Zero W||pi / raspberry||Google Drive|
|Recalbox||6.0-DragonBlaze||Raspberry Pi 2/3/3B+||root / recalboxroot||Google Drive|
|Recalbox||6.0-DragonBlaze||Raspberry Pi 1/Zero/Zero W||root / recalboxroot||Google Drive|
|Recalbox||7.1-DragonBlaze||Raspberry Pi 2/3/Pi 3B+||root / recalboxroot||One Drive|
|Recalbox||7.1-DragonBlaze||Raspberry Pi 4||root / recalboxroot||One Drive|
2) Write the image to the Micro SD card. Then insert the SD card to Raspberry Pi. Turning Power switch into ON to start Raspberry Pi
- If batteries are low, Raspberry Pi is failed to booting. In this case, you can connect a 5V 3A power adapter to the Power interface for charging. Indicators are flashing when charging. (You can play when charging, however, Raspberry Pi will reboot when inserting/disconnecting power adapter)
- If batteries are enough, Raspberry Pi is started and indicators are on
3)After booting, you can select emulators. In Retropie, button "A" is OK, and "B" is the return. In Recalbox, button "B" is OK and "A" is the return
4)You can press "Start" to start games
5)If you want to exit games, press "HK" and "Select" or "Select" and "Start" at the same time
6) To adjust volume and backlight of LCD, you can use buttons on the bottom of GamePi43
Method 2: Install driver manually
- Download driver of GamePi43: GamePi43-210127 Driver-Support Retropie-v4.7
Install driver on retropie
Download Retropie image from Retropie website
1)Write the image to SD card.
2)Copy the driver (Do not unzip it) to the root directory of the SD card (BOOT directory of the Raspbian)
3)Then open the config.txt file in the root directory of the TF card, add the following code at the end of config.txt, then save and quit the TF card safely.
max_usb_current=1 hdmi_force_hotplug=1 hdmi_group=2 hdmi_mode=87 hdmi_cvt 800 480 60 6 0 0 0
4)Connect SD card, keyboard, and an HDMI display to Raspberry Pi, Turn the switch into ON side to power on Raspberry Pi. Press F4 (Keyboard) after booting.
5)After entering the terminal, there are two methods to install the driver, you can choose one of them to install:
- Method 1: Install the remote sensing driver that comes with the system
【Note】: The Raspberry Pi must be connected to the network, or else the driver won't be successfully installed
Enter the following command to enter the configuration interface of RetroPie-Setup:
cd RetroPie-Setup/ sudo ./retropie_setup.sh
Select the Manage Packages option in the following interface, and then press "Enter".
After entering the following interface, select the Manage driver Packages option and press "Enter".
Select mkarcadejoystick in the following interface and press "Enter"
After entering the next interface, select install from source. After the driver is installed, Ctrl+C can exit the RetroPie-Setup configuration interface.
Then enter the following command in the terminal to modify the configuration
sudo nano /etc/modprobe.d/mk_arcade_joystick_rpi.conf
Modify the statement in the file to
options mk_arcade_joystick_rpi map=1
After saving the file and restarting the system, the keys can be mapped normally.
- Method 2: Use the driver provided by us and install it in the following way.
Download driver of GamePi43: GamePi43-210127 Driver-Support Retropie-v4.7
Download the GamePi43 driver and copy it to the /boot directory of the TF card (you can also use a U disk or network to copy the driver file to the RetroPie system), and perform the following operations: After opening the folder where the driver is located
tar xzvf /boot/GamePi43-210127.tar.gz cd GamePi43/ sudo ./GamePi43
After restarting, you can enter the system normally.
6)Long-press "A" button (GamePi43) to enter the configuration page, configure by pressing related buttons (GamePi43), you can also long-press to skip any button
After configuring, you can press "A" (GamePi43) to save configured and exit, or press "B" or "Start" (GamePi43) to exit without saving.
Save and reboot the system then you can play games normally.
Install driver on Recalbox
Download the latest image from Recalbox website
1)Unzip the files download to get the .img file
2)Write the .img file to SD card
3)Copy the GamePi43 driver to the root directory of SD card
4)Then open the config.txt file in the root directory of the TF card, add the following code at the end of config.txt, then save and quit the TF card safely.
hdmi_force_hotplug=1 hdmi_group=2 hdmi_mode=1 hdmi_mode=87 hdmi_cvt 800 600 60 6 0 0 0 hdmi_drive=2 display_rotate=0 avoid_warnings=1
5)Connect the TF card and USB keyboard to the Raspberry Pi, turn on the power switch, start the Raspberry Pi, press F4 on the keyboard after entering the system, press Alt+F2, enter the account: root, password: recalboxroot, and enter the terminal (also You can log in to the terminal control interface through the network).
6)Enter the following commands in the terminal to configure the gamepad
mount -o remount,rw / mount -o remount,rw /boot
Edit the recalbox.conf file
Modify the line controllers.gpio.enabled=0 in the file to
After modification, save the file and exit the editing. After entering reboot to restart the system, you can use the buttons normally.
Add new games
Maybe the default games in the test image are not those you want, you can also add games as you like.
- Size of most games are always large, so we need to expand the filesystem fist. Choose RASPI-CONFIG on configure page and press enter
- Choose 7 Advanced Options -> A1 Expand Filesystem, Enter->Finish, (physical keyboard is required)
- Choose OK, and reboot.
- Download ROMS of games you like
- Connect your Raspberry Pi to the network (Make sure the network you connect is in the same LAN as your PC). Find SHOW IP in Retropie list, press “A” to query the current IP address of your Raspberry Pi.
- Open it with the IP address on your PC
- Then on the emulator choose the page, you can press “Start”->QUIT->RESTART EMULATIONSTAION, press “A” to confirm. Then restart the emulator, you can find the game added.
For more operations, you can read Retropie Instructions
【Note】 NC: not connected
|1||3.3V||3.3V power input|
|2||5V||5V Power input|
|4||5V||5V Power input|
|17||3.3V Power input|
- wiringPi & bcm2835 C LIB
- GamePi43-190717 Driver-Supports Retropie-v4.4 and Recalbox6.0-DragonBlaze
- GamePi43-200730 Driver-SupportRetropie-v4.6
- GamePi43 Assemble Manual
If you require technical support, please go to the Support page and open a ticket.