- 9.7-inch E-ink screen with a hardware resolution of 1200 × 825 (150DPI).
- Display advantages: eye care, no blue light, paper-like experience.
- Display Environment: visible under ambient light.
- Display mode: reflective, passively reflective.
- Support mode and contrast adjustment.
- Supports Raspberry Pi, Jetson Nano, and computers.
- HDMI display port: connect the EINK display to the HDMI port of the host with an HDMI cable.
- Power indicator: display the status of the EINK display.
- Power supply: a minimum 5V/1.5A power supply is required, and a standard 5V/3A power adapter is recommended.
- UPD/RUN switch button: when it works by default, it needs to be dialed to the RUN end (close to the 5V power supply interface). For firmware updates, you need to dial to the UPD end.
- Multifunction button: for screen refresh, mode switching, contrast/speed adjustment.
- M/- (near the side of the board): the mode switch, you can switch 3 modes of the EINK display (A2+/GC16/A2).
- C/+ (near the power supply port side): refresh the screen, and the full screen can be refreshed to remove the residual image. You can also switch to wake up its sleep state.
- Middle button: contrast/speed adjustment, press the middle button first, after entering the menu interface, move the button up or down to select contrast or speed, press the middle button, and then move the button up or down to adjust, and finally press the middle button to confirm. After switching, the residual image is very easy to appear, after pressing the OK button, the EINK display will perform a full-screen refresh.
A2+ mode: the display has more color combinations with the Floyd-Steinberg dithering algorithm, and better shadow rendering is performed on the original picture. The refresh speed is fast while the ghosting is more. It is recommended for daily use. GC16 mode: It can display 16-level grayscale, with a good display effect and less ghosting, but the refresh speed is slow. It is suitable for still pictures. A2 mode: Only black and white display colors, fast refresh rate with less ghosting. It is suitable for compiling documents, making tables, etc.
- By adjusting the "display mode" and "contrast" and setting according to personal habits, you can get a better experience.
Working With PC
- Please connect the USB connector of the PC to the POWER port of the EINK monitor.
- Connect the HDMI port of the EINK to the HDMI port of the PC.
- Under normal conditions, the EINK monitor can display.
- Note: when the EINK monitor is not refreshed, its power consumption is low, and you use it with the USB port of the PC. When you play the video (it is not recommended to use the monitor to play) on the monitor, you can find that its power consumption is relatively high. If your PC cannot provide the power by the USB port, you need to use the 5V/3A power adapter (included) to the power port of the EINK monitor.
- Note: if there is only Mini-D or Type-C port in your computer, you need to prepare the adapter by yourselves. It is recommended to power on the EINK monitor first so that your PC can read the EDID of the EINK monitor.
In Windows system, right-click the blank space on the desktop -> select "Display Settings" -> select "1200 × 825" -> keep changes. (Generally, the system will automatically set it.)
It is recommended to use extended mode, in copy mode, the main monitor screen will be stretched.
- In addition to using the buttons on the EINK monitor to switch modes and clear the screen, you can use Einkset software to set.
- You can set the mode, clear the screen, adjust the contrast, and set the display color in the software.
- The related interface as below:
Working With Raspberry Pi
- Please connect the matching 5V/3A power to the POWER port of the EINK monitor.
- Please connect the HDMI port of the EINK monitor to the HDMI port of the Raspberry Pi (an HDMI adapter is required for Pi4). The hardware connection is shown below:
For the Raspberry/Ubuntu and Kali system of the Raspberry Pi.
When e-paper works with these Raspberry Pi systems, you need to set the resolution by yourselves, or else the display would be abnormal. When working with the Windows system of the PC, there will be normal.
Please download the latest image from the official raspberry pi website.
- Please download the compressed file to your PC, and extract the ".img" file.
- Connect the TF card to your PC, and use SDFormatter to format the TF card.
- Open Win32DiskImager, please select the system image prepared in step 1 and click "write" to program the system image
- After the programming is completed, open the config.txt file in the root directory of the TF card, add the following code at the end of config.txt, save and safely eject the TF card.
max_framebuffer_height=1072 max_usb_current=1 config_hdmi_boost=10 hdmi_group=2 hdmi_force_hotplug=1 hdmi_mode=87 hdmi_timings=1200 1 44 88 68 825 1 4 5 6 0 0 0 60 0 75600000 1
- Insert the TF card into the Raspberry Pi. Power on the Raspberry Pi, and it will display normally after a few seconds.
Note 1: If you uses the Raspberry Pi 4, you also need to comment out dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-V3D.
Note 2: As the resolution of the Raspberry Pi changes during the boot process, it is normal for the Raspberry Pi to be abnormal a few seconds before booting.
When using the e-ink screen display, due to the limitation of its own display principle, the existence of ghost shadows is unavoidable. Reasonable optimization of the interface can reduce the ghost shadows as much as possible and optimize the display effect.
Optimize the interface
In order to keep the ghosting as less as possible, it is generally recommended to set the display effect of black characters on a white background.
- Open the menu->Preferences->Appearance Settings, select "No image" in the Layout option of the Desktop option page, choose "white" in the Colour, and choose "black" in the Text Colour. Click OK to save.
- Open Terminal->Edit->Preferences, select white in Background and black in Foreground, and click OK to save.
Disable sleep mode
The display principle of EINK display and LCD display is different. When the EINK display is in use, if the data of the two frames before and after the image signal are the same, EINK will not do any processing. An LCD monitor, on the other hand, will continue to refresh the image, even if the same static image is displayed for a long time. Most systems have set the standby mode by default, and this mode is more to make LCD monitors and CRT monitors have a longer service life, but there is no such problem with EINK monitors. So you can directly set the system to not sleep. The setting method is as follows: Open lightdm.conf.
sudo nano /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf
Modify lightdm.conf to find the 'xserver-command' under the [SeatDefaults] section, uncomment it, and modify it as follows:
xserver-command=X -s 0 -dpms
- -s # set screen saver not enabled.
- dpms turn off power saving management.
Open the album
- When the EINK display working properly, please press the middle button of the multi-function button twice to enter the photo album function, which is used to display a custom 16-level grayscale image.
- Such as the EINK monitor, if it is not been used for a long time, it can display a 16-level grayscale picture through the photo album function. It can also be displayed for a long time after a power failure.
- If you don't want others to see the last picture you use after use, you can also enter the album function first and then disconnect the power.
Update customized picutre
1. Open RGB-Gray and choose 1200*825 9.7inch.
2. Click "browse" to choose a picture prepared with a resolution of 1200*825.
3. Click "Convert" and then the corresponding BMP file is generated. Please click to generate "bin", and the "LOGO_1200x825_EINK97.bin" file will be saved in the corresponding directory.
4. Please turn the UPD/RUN switch button to the UPD end (near the contrast adjustment button).
5. Please connect the 5V power to the USB port of the PC with a Type-C cable, and you can see that the U flash drive is recognized by the PC after a few seconds.
6. Please copy "LOGO_1200x825_EINK097.bin" to the U flash drive, and then the PC can recognize the U flash drive again (it may take 1~2 minutes). That means the update of the custom image has been completed.
7. Please turn the UPD/RUN switch button to the RUN end (near the 5V power supply interface), and then power on the E-ink display again.
8. Press the middle button of the multi-function button twice in a row, and the EINK display will show the picture just copied. After repeating the same operation, you can exit the picture display and return to the normal display mode.
- The EINK display cannot completely replace the traditional display. Its display principle is the physical movement of ink droplets, which has a certain life limit. Improper use, such as playing videos for a long time, will cause the EINK display to be damaged in advance.
- The best operating temperature of the EINK display is 15℃~35℃, and the storage temperature is -20℃~60℃.
- When cleaning the screen, please use a soft cloth.
If you require technical support, please go to the Support page and open a ticket.