7inch DSI LCD
7inch Capacitive Touch Display for Raspberry Pi, 800 × 480, TFT Wide Angle, MIPI DSI Interface.
- 7inch TFT screen with a hardware resolution of 800 x 480.
- Capacitive touch panel supports 5-point touch.
- Supports Pi 4B/3B+/3A+/3B/2B/B+/A+. Another adapter board is required for CM3/3+/4.
- As it directly drives LCD by the DSI interface of Raspberry Pi, the refreshing rate is up to 60Hz.
- Supports Raspberry Pi OS / Ubuntu / Kali and Retropie.
- Support backlight adjusts by software.
1) Connect the DSI interface of 7inch DSI LCD to the DSI interface of Raspberry Pi with a 15PIN FPC cable.
2) Use the 2PIN power cable to connect the power interface of the LCD to the 40PIN GPIO interface of the Raspberry Pi, as below:
3) You can fix the Raspberry Pi on the backside of the 7inch DSI LCD with screws.
The installation effect is shown in the following figure:
1) Download image from the Raspberry Pi website.
2) Download the compressed file to the PC, and unzip it to get the .img file.
3) Connect the TF card to the PC, use SDFormatter.exe software to format the TF card.
4) Open the Win32DiskImager.exe software, select the system image downloaded in step 2, and click ‘Write’ to write the system image.
5) After the image has finished writing, save, and quit the TF card safely.
6) Power on the Raspberry Pi and wait for a few seconds until the LCD displays normally. And the touch function can also work after the system starts.
- Open a terminal and type the following command to adjust the brightness. Note: If the command reports the 'Permission denied' error, please switch to the 'root' user mode and execute it again.
echo X > /sys/class/backlight/rpi_backlight/brightness
- X can be value in range 0~255. The backlight is darkest if you set it to 0. If you set it to 255, the backlight is the lightest.
echo 100 > /sys/class/backlight/rpi_backlight/brightness echo 0 > /sys/class/backlight/rpi_backlight/brightness echo 255 > /sys/class/backlight/rpi_backlight/brightness
- We also provide an example for brightness adjusting (This program is only for Raspberry Pi OS system), you can download and install it by following commands:
wget https://www.waveshare.net/w/upload/3/39/Brightness.tar.gz tar -xzf Brightness.tar.gz cd brightness ./install.sh
Note: If you use the 2021-10-30-raspios-bullseye-armhf image or the laster version, please add the line dtoverlay=rpi-backlight to the config.txt file and reboot.
Run the following commands on the Raspberry Pi terminal, and the screen will enter sleep mode:
xset dpms force off
If you want to disable the touch function, you can modify the config.txt file, add the following line to the file, and reboot.
Note: After adding the command, it needs to be restarted to take effect.
Choose Advanced Options -> Glamor -> Yes(Enabled) -> OK -> Finish -> Yes(Reboot)
Since the first-generation Raspberry Pi released, Waveshare has been working on designing, developing, and producing various fantastic touch LCDs for the Pi. Unfortunately, there are quite a few pirated/knock-off products in the market. They're usually some poor copies of our early hardware revisions, and comes with none support service.
To avoid becoming a victim of pirated products, please pay attention to the following features when purchasing:
Beware of knock-offs
Please note that we've found some poor copies of this item in the market. They are usually made of inferior materials and shipped without any testing.
You might be wondering if the one you're watching or you've purchased in other non-official stores is original, feel free to contact us.
If you require technical support, please go to the Support page and open a ticket.