5inch LCD for Pi
From Waveshare Wiki
Revision as of 08:34, 1 June 2019 by Waveshare-eng11
800x480, 5inch IPS Display for Raspberry Pi, DPI interface, no Touch
- 800x480 high resolution
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi 2B/3B/Zero/Zero W
- The TFT LCD is directly driven by Raspberry Pi DPI interface, refresh rate up to 60Hz
- Supports Raspbian, Ubuntu, OSMC, etc.
- Back light control to lower power consumption
- Compact size, suit for various projects
How to use
- 1. Connect the RGB LCD HAT to the JP1 socket on RGB 50P TO 40/50P adapter with an FFC cable (white).
- 2. Connect the FPC cable (golden) on LCD to the JP3 socket on RGB 50P TO 40/50P adapter.
- 1. Write the Raspbian, Ubuntu Mate, or OSMC system image to your micro SD card. You can download the images from Raspberry Pi web site https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/
- 2. Edit the /boot/config.txt file in the SD card and append the following lines:
dtoverlay=dpi24 enable_dpi_lcd=1 display_default_lcd=1 dpi_group=2 dpi_mode=87 dpi_output_format=0x6f005 hdmi_timings=800 0 40 48 88 480 0 13 3 32 0 0 0 60 0 32000000 6
- You must make sure that there are no spaces on either side of the equal sign.
- If your system is installed from NOOBS, you have to connect your Pi to another monitor and hold down the shift key while system booting to edit the config file.
- 3. Save the file and insert the SD card into your Pi.
- 4. Turn on the backlight switch.
- 5. Power up and the LCD will display in most cases.
General Tutorial Series