5inch HDMI LCD (H)
- 5-inch capacitive touch screen with hardware resolution of 800×480.
- 5-point capacitive touch control, tempered glass panel, hardness up to 6H.
- When works with Raspberry Pi, supports Raspberry Pi OS / Ubuntu / Kali and Retropie systems.
- When working as a computer monitor, supports Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7, ten-points touch.
- Multi-languages OSD menu, for power management, brightness/contrast adjustment, etc.
- It has a 3.5mm audio jack and supports HDMI audio output.
- Supports VGA input (specific cable is required and should be purchase separately)
Working with PC
This product supports Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7 OS.
- 1. Connect the TOUCH interface of LCD to the USB interface of PC. Wait for a while, the windows will automatically recognize the touch function.
- 2. If you use HDMI, you need to connect the HDMI interface of LCD to the HDMI port of PC. About 10s later, you can see the LCD display properly. If you need the audio, you can insert a 3.5mm earphones to HP ports, or connect to the related speaker module through the speaker interface (such as 8 ohms 5-watt speaker).
- 3. If you use VGA, you need to connect the VGA interface of LCD to PC's VGA ports by Mini HDMI to VGA Cable.About 10s later, you can see the LCD display properly.
- 1) When the computer is connected to several different displays at the same time, only this LCD can be used to control the cursor on the main display, so we recommended to set this LCD as the main display.
- 2) Some of PC cannot support HDMI screen Hot Plug. In this case, restart the PC can solve.
- 3) Sometimes LCD will flicker because of undersupplying from USB cable of PC. You need to connect an external power supply (5V/2A) to DC port.
- 4) HP audio output only works while using HDMI communication.
- 5) Mini HDMI to VGA Cable is necessary and need to be purchased separately if you use VGA communication.
Working with Raspberry Pi
This LCD can support Raspberry Pi OS / Ubuntu / Kali / Retropie systems.
Please download the latest version of the image on the Raspberry Pi official website.
1) Download the compressed file to the PC, and unzip it to get the .img file.
2) Connect the TF card to the PC, use SDFormatter software to format the TF card.
3) Open the Win32DiskImager software, select the system image downloaded in step 1, and click‘Write’ to write the system image.
4) After the image has finished writing, open the config.txt file in the root directory of the TF card, add the following code at the end of config.txt, then save and quit the TF card safely.
hdmi_group=2 hdmi_mode=87 hdmi_cvt 800 480 60 6 0 0 0
You must make sure that there are no spaces on either side of the equal sign.
5) Insert the TF card into the Raspberry Pi
6) Connect the Touch interface of the LCD to the USB interface of the Raspberry Pi.
7) Connect the HDMI interface of the LCD to the HDMI interface of the Raspberry Pi, power on the Raspberry Pi, and wait for a few seconds until the LCD displays normally.
- Power: Open or Close LCD display
- Menu: Open OSD menu (It can also work as OK after entering the menu )
- Up/Left: Direction button
- Down/Right: Direction button
- Exit: it can also work as Return after entering the menu
You can use the "Power" button to close the LCD display for reducing consumption if it will be idle for a long time.
Open OSD menu by press button Menu, use "OK button" and "Direction button" to change the configuration, and then use "Return button" to exit.
Note: We don't recommend you to do any hardware modification, which may damage LCD if you are not good at it. So be careful when you following this manual
Since the first-generation Raspberry Pi released, Waveshare has been working on designing, developing, and producing various fantastic touch LCDs for the Pi. Unfortunately, there are quite a few pirated/knock-off products in the market. They're usually some poor copies of our early hardware revisions, and comes with none support service.
To avoid becoming a victim of pirated products, please pay attention to the following features when purchasing:
Beware of knock-offs
Please note that we've found some poor copies of this item in the market. They are usually made of inferior materials and shipped without any testing.
You might be wondering if the one you're watching or you've purchased in other non-official stores is original, feel free to contact us.
If you require technical support, please go to the Support page and open a tickets.