5inch HDMI AMOLED
5inch AMOLED display, with a resolution of 960 × 544 and a capacitive touch panel, supports Raspberry Pi and can also be used as a computer monitor.
- 5inch AMOLED, 960 × 544 resolution.
- 5-point capacitive touch control with tempered glass panel, hardware up to 6H.
- When working with Raspberry Pi, support Raspbian / Ubuntu / Kali, and Retropie system, as well as general desktop computers.
- When works with Raspberry Pi, supports Raspberry Pi OS / Ubuntu / Kali / Retropie system.
- When works as a computer monitor, supports Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7.
- 3.5mm audio jack, supports HDMI audio output.
Working with Windows PC
When working with PC, 5inch HDMI AMOLED can support Windows 7/ 8/ 8.1 /10/11 OS
1. Connect the TOUCH interface of the LCD to the USB interface of the PC. Wait for a while, the windows will automatically recognize the touch function.
2. If you use HDMI, you need to connect the HDMI interface of LCD to the HDMI port of the PC. About 10s later, you can see the LCD display properly. If you need to output sound, you can insert a 3.5mm earphones to HP ports.
1) When the computer is connected to several different displays at the same time, only this LCD can be used to control the cursor on the main display, so we recommended to set this LCD as the main display.
2) Sometimes, USB ports of PC have not enough power to power 5inch HDMI AMOLED, in this case, you can connect external 5V/2A power adapter to DC interface of 5inch HDMI AMOLED.
Working with Raspberry Pi
When working with Raspberry Pi, 5inch HDMI AMOLED can support various systems like Raspberry Pi OSUbuntu Mate/Kail/Retropie/WIN10 IoT. Herein we take Raspbain as an example.
When AMOLED works on systems such as Raspberry Pi, the resolution must be set manually, otherwise it will cause an abnormal display
Please download the latest version of the image on the Raspberry Pi official website.
1) Download the compressed file to the PC, and unzip it to get the .img file.
2) Connect the TF card to the PC, and use SDFormatter software to format the TF card.
3) Open the Win32DiskImager software, select the system image downloaded in step 1, and click‘Write’ to write the system image.
4) After the image has finished writing, open the config.txt file in the root directory of the TF card. Add the following code at the end of config.txt, then save and quit the TF card safely.
hdmi_force_hotplug=1 config_hdmi_boost=10 disable_overscan=1 hdmi_group=2 hdmi_mode=87 hdmi_timings=960 0 190 4 32 544 0 10 10 12 0 0 0 60 0 41000000 3
5) Save and eject the SD card. Plug the card to your Raspberry Pi.
6) Connect Touch interface of LCD to one USB port of Raspberry Pi.
7) Connect HDMI interface of LCD to HDMI interface of Raspberry Pi.
8) Power on Raspberry Pi, and wait for a few seconds until the LCD displays normally.
AMOLED screen has many advantages like high contrast, wide color range, wide view angle, and so on. However, it is easy to face a burn-in problem if displaying the same content for a long time.
In this case, we recommend you set a screen saver and do not let the AMOLED display the same static image for a long time （cannot longer than 1h）.
When working for a long time, make sure to add a screen saver, execute the following command to install the corresponding screen saver application:
sudo apt-get install xscreensaver
- Make sure that the HDMI interface of the PC can output normally.
- The PC only connects to this LCD as a monitor without others.
- You should connect the touch cable first and then the HDMI cable.
- Some PC need to be restarted to make the 5.5inch HDMI AMOLED display normally.
Since the first-generation Raspberry Pi released, Waveshare has been working on designing, developing, and producing various fantastic touch LCDs for the Pi. Unfortunately, there are quite a few pirated/knock-off products in the market. They're usually some poor copies of our early hardware revisions, and comes with none support service.
To avoid becoming a victim of pirated products, please pay attention to the following features when purchasing:
Beware of knock-offs
Please note that we've found some poor copies of this item in the market. They are usually made of inferior materials and shipped without any testing.
You might be wondering if the one you're watching or you've purchased in other non-official stores is original, feel free to contact us.
If you require technical support, please go to the Support page and open a ticket.