4.3inch DSI LCD
4.3inch Capacitive Touch Display for Raspberry Pi, 800×480, IPS Wide Angle, MIPI DSI Interface
- 4.3inch IPS screen, 800 x 480 hardware resolution.
- Capacitive touch panel, support 5-point touch.
- Supports Pi 4B/3B+/3A+/3B/2B/B+/A+, another DSI-Cable-15cm is required for CM3/3+/4.
- Tempered glass capacitive touch panel, hardness up to 6H.
- DSI interface, refresh rate up to 60Hz.
- When used with Raspberry Pi, supports Raspberry Pi OS / Ubuntu / Kali and Retropie, driver free.
- Supports software control of backlight brightness.
Work with RPI
- Connect the DSI interface of the 4.3-inch DSI LCD to the DSI interface of Raspberry Pi.
- For easy use, you can fix the Raspberry Pi on the backside of the 4.3inch DSI LCD by screws
Supports Raspberry Pi OS / Ubuntu / Kali and Retropie systems for Raspberry Pi.
1) Download the image from the Raspberry Pi website.
2) Download the compressed file to the PC, and unzip it to get the .img file.
3) Connect the TF card to the PC, and use SDFormatter software to format the TF card.
4) Open the Win32DiskImager software, select the system image downloaded in step 2, and click 'Write' to write the system image.
5) After the programming is completed, open the config.txt file in the root directory of the TF card, add the following code at the end of config.txt, save and eject the TF card safely.
6) Power on the Raspberry Pi and wait for a few seconds until the LCD displays normally. And the touch function can also work after the system starts.
The backlight brightness can be controlled by entering the following command in the terminal:
echo X > /sys/class/backlight/10-0045/brightness
Where X indicates any number from 0 to 255. 0 means the backlight is the darkest, and 255 means the backlight is the brightest. For example:
echo 100 > /sys/class/backlight/10-0045/brightness echo 0 > /sys/class/backlight/10-0045/brightness echo 255 > /sys/class/backlight/10-0045/brightness
In addition, Waveshare provides a corresponding application (which is only available for the Raspberry Pi OS system), which users can download and install in the following way:
wget https://www.waveshare.com/w/upload/f/f4/Brightness.zip unzip Brightness.zip cd Brightness sudo chmod +x install.sh ./install.sh
Once the installation is complete, the program can be opened from the Start Menu -> Accessories -> Brightness, as follows:
Run the following commands on the Raspberry Pi terminal, and the screen will enter sleep mode:
xset dpms force off
At the end of the config.txt file, add the following command corresponding to disabling touch (the config file is located in the root directory of the TF card and can also be accessed via the command: sudo nano /boot/config.txt):
Note: A reboot is required to take effect after adding the command.
Choose Advanced Options -> Glamor -> Yes(Enabled) -> OK -> Finish -> Yes(Reboot)
- The normal working current of raspberry PI 4B alone with 5V power supply is 450mA-500mA；
- Using 5V power supply raspberry PI 4B+4.3inch DSI LCD maximum brightness normal operating current is 700mA-750mA；
- Using 5V power supply raspberry PI 4B+4.3inch DSI LCD minimum brightness normal operating current is 550mA-580mA；
Since the first-generation Raspberry Pi released, Waveshare has been working on designing, developing, and producing various fantastic touch LCDs for the Pi. Unfortunately, there are quite a few pirated/knock-off products in the market. They're usually some poor copies of our early hardware revisions, and comes with none support service.
To avoid becoming a victim of pirated products, please pay attention to the following features when purchasing:
Beware of knock-offs
Please note that we've found some poor copies of this item in the market. They are usually made of inferior materials and shipped without any testing.
You might be wondering if the one you're watching or you've purchased in other non-official stores is original, feel free to contact us.