10.5inch HDMI AMOLED
10.5inch Capacitive Touch AMOLED, HDMI Port, 2560 × 1600 2K Resolution, Fully Laminated Toughened Glass Panel.
Supports Raspberry Pi 4B and Jetson Nano and can also be used as a computer monitor.
- 10.5inch AMOLED, 2560 x 1600 resolution.
- Up to 10-points touch, depending on the operating system.
- Up to 6H hardness toughened glass panel.
- Fully laminated screen, better display experience, dust-proof
- When working with Raspberry Pi 4B, it supports Raspberry Pi OS / Ubuntu/Kali, driver free.
- When working as a computer monitor, it supports Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7, ten-points touch, and driver free.
- Embedded Hi-Fi Speaker, 3.5mm audio jack, supports HDMI audio output.
- CNC alloy enclosure.
Working with Raspberry Pi
When working with Raspberry Pi, 10.5inch HDMI AMOLED can support various systems like Raspberry Pi OS/Ubuntu /Kail. Herein we take Raspberry Pi OS as an example.
Raspberry Pi cannot recognize and adapt to the resolution of the display plugged, therefore, we need to set the resolution of Raspbian manually.
Please download the latest version of the image on the Raspberry Pi official website.
1) Download the compressed file to the PC, and unzip it to get the .img file.
2) Connect the TF card to the PC, and use SDFormatter software to format the TF card.
3) Open the Win32DiskImager software, select the system image downloaded in step 1, and click ‘Write’ to write the system image.
4) After the image has finished writing, open the config.txt file in the root directory of the TF card. Add the following code at the end of config.txt, then save and quit the TF card safely.
[all] hdmi_force_hotplug=1 hdmi_timings=2560 0 300 32 102 1600 0 10 10 10 0 0 0 60 0 297000000 3 framebuffer_width=2560 framebuffer_height=1600 config_hdmi_boost=4 hdmi_group=2 hdmi_mode=87
If you are using Kali system,please also add the line dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-V3D to your config.txt file to make the AMOLED displays full screen.
5) Save and eject the SD card. Plug the card to your Raspberry Pi
6) Connect the Touch interface of the display to one USB port of Raspberry Pi
7) Connect HDMI interface of the display to HDMI interface of Raspberry Pi
8) Power on Raspberry Pi, and wait for a few seconds until the displays normally.
【Note】 Some Raspberry Pi's USB ports may cause insufficient power supply due to aging. At this time, you can use the matching 5V 3A Type-C power adapter to supply power to the screen power port to achieve the best display effect.
AMOLED screen has many advantages like high contrast, wide color range, wide view angle, and so on. However, it is easy to face a burn-in problem if displaying the same content for a long time. In this case, we recommend you set a screen saver and do not let the AMOLED display the same static image for a long time （cannot longer than 1h）.
You can install screen saver with the command below:
sudo apt-get install xscreensaver
GUI improving (Raspberry Pi)
For better display and touching, you can modify the theme setting. Set the icons and text bigger. Here we take Raspbian as an example.
- Select Menu-》Preferences-》Appearance Settings-》Defaults-》For large screens: Set Defaults-》OK。
- Modify the font size of the System
- Right-click the taskbar and select-》Panel Settings -》Set the size of Geometry.
Working with PC
Support PC Windows 11 / 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7 system.
1) Connect the Touch interface of the AMOLED to the USB interface of the PC. After a while, Windows will automatically recognize the touch function.
2) Connect the HDMI port of the AMOLED to the HDMI port of the PC, and wait for a few seconds to see that the AMOLED displays normally. The sound is output through the speaker by default, and 3.5mm headphones can also be connected through the HP audio output interface.
Note: The USB interface of some PCs may cause an insufficient power supply due to aging. At this time, you can use the matching 5V 3A Type-C power adapter to supply power to the screen power port to achieve the best display effect.
Working with Jetson Nano
- Connect the TOUCH interface of the display to the USB port of the Jetson boards.
- Connect the HDMI interface of the display to the HDMI port of the Jetson boards.
About the Button
- On the side of the display, there is an ON/OFF button, which is used to turn on/off the power of display if you press it. The power button can also be used to adjust the brightness of display if long-press.
Since the first-generation Raspberry Pi released, Waveshare has been working on designing, developing, and producing various fantastic touch LCDs for the Pi. Unfortunately, there are quite a few pirated/knock-off products in the market. They're usually some poor copies of our early hardware revisions, and comes with none support service.
To avoid becoming a victim of pirated products, please pay attention to the following features when purchasing:
Beware of knock-offs
Please note that we've found some poor copies of this item in the market. They are usually made of inferior materials and shipped without any testing.
You might be wondering if the one you're watching or you've purchased in other non-official stores is original, feel free to contact us.