DetailsUSB Blaster Download Cable is designed for ALTERA FPGA, CPLD, Active Serial Configuration Devices and Enhanced Configuration Devices, USB 2.0 connection to the PC and JTAG, AS, PS to the target device.
The USB Blaster Download Cable interfaces a USB port on a host computer to an Altera® FPGA mounted on a printed circuit board. The cable sends configuration data from the PC to a standard 10-pin header connected to the FPGA. You can use the USB Blaster cable to iteratively download configuration data to a system during prototyping or to program data into the system during production.
It surpports the ALTERA total series FPGA/CPLD devices, Active Serial Configuration Devices, Enhanced Configuration Devices, and supports AS, PS, JTAG three download modes.
- Supports ALTERA total series FPGA/CPLD devices.
- Supports ALTERA total series Active Serial Configuration Devices.
- Supports ALTERA total series Enhanced Configuration Devices.
- Supports AS, PS, JTAG three download modes.
- High-speed, stable, and internal FT245R+CPLD designed.
- Supports 1.2-5V programming voltage.
- Supports SignalTap II embedded logic analyzer.
- Supports Nios II of embedded processor communication and debugging.
- Supported Softwares
- Quartus II integrated development environment.
- NIOS II IDE integrated development environment.
- NIOS II EDS integrated development environment.
- Supported Devices
- CPLD: MAX3000, MAX7000A/B/S, MAX9000 and MAX II etc.
- FPGA: Stratix, Stratix II, Cyclone, Cyclone II, CycloneIII, ACEX 1K, APEX 20K and FLEX 10K etc.
- Active Serial Configuration Devices including: EPCS1, EPCS4, EPCS16 etc.
- Enhanced Configuration Devices including: EPC1, EPC4 etc.
- Other Features
- High download speed: FT245+CPLD+244, close to the original ALTERA USB Blaster.
- Download speed 1-3 times faster than other schemes, such as 68013 or C8051F.
- Connects to PC
- Computer connection via USB 2.0 interface.
- Connects to target board
Figure 1. JTAG header pinoutFigure 2. AS header pinoutFigure 3. PS header pinout
- Target board connection via JTAG, AS, PS interfaces. The figure 1, 2,and 3 below shows the header pinouts of different interfaces.
- Red LED: Power indicator
- Green LED: Signal indicator, the LED is on while downloading/programming
Development resources:user manual, software, etc.
- Package Content
Weight: 0.097 kg