DetailsFPGA development board designed for XILINX Spartan-3E series, features the XC3S500E onboard, and integrates various standard interfaces, pretty easy for peripheral expansions.
Open3S500E is an FPGA development board that consists of the mother board DVK600 and the FPGA core board Core3S500E.
Open3S500E supports further expansion with various optional accessory boards for specific application. The modular and open design makes it the ideal for starting application development with XILINX Spartan-3E series FPGA devices.
What's on the mother board
- FPGA CPLD core board connector: for easily connecting core boards which integrate an FPGA CPLD chip onboard
- 8I/Os_1 interface, for connecting accessory boards/modules
- 8I/Os_2 interface, for connecting accessory boards/modules
- 16I/Os_1 interface, for connecting accessory boards/modules
- 16I/Os_2 interface, for connecting accessory boards/modules
- 32I/Os_1 interface, for connecting accessory boards/modules
- 32I/Os_2 interface, for connecting accessory boards/modules
- 32I/Os_3 interface, for connecting accessory boards/modules
All the I/O interfaces above:
- capable of being simulated as USART, I2C, SPI, PS/2, etc.
- capable of driving devices such as FRAM, FLASH, USB, Ethernet, etc.
- SDRAM interface
- for connecting SDRAM accessory board
- also works as FPGA CPLD pins expansion connectors
- LCD interface, for connecting LCD22, LCD12864, LCD1602
- ONE-WIRE interface: easily connects to ONE-WIRE devices (TO-92 package), such as temperature sensor (DS18B20), electronic registration number (DS2401), etc.
- 5V DC jack
- Joystick: five positions
- Potentiometer: for LCD22 backlight adjustment, or LCD12864, LCD1602 contrast adjustment
- Power switch
- Buzzer jumper
- ONE-WIRE jumper
- Joystick jumper
For jumpers 17-19:
- short the jumper to connect to I/Os used in example code
- open the jumper to connect to other custom pins via jumper wires
The DVK600 supports a wide range of different core boards, therefore, some of the interfaces may be Not-Connected and useless while connecting to certain core board. For instance, while connecting to Core3S500E/CoreEP2C8, the '⑧ 32I/Os_3' is Not-Connected.
What's on the Core3S500E
- XC3S500E:the XILINX Spartan-3E FPGA device which features:
- Operating Frequency: 50MHz
- Operating Voltage: 1.15V～3.3V
- Package: QFP208
- I/Os: 116
- LEs: 500K
- RAM: 360kb
- DCMs: 4
- Debugging/Programming: supports JTAG
- AMS1117-3.3, 3.3V voltage regulator
- AMS1117-2.5, 2.5V voltage regulator
- AMS1117-1.2, 1.2V voltage regulator
- XCF04S, onboard serial FLASH memory, for storing code
- Power indicator
- FPGA initialization indicator
- Reset button
- nCONFIG button: for re-configuring the FPGA chip, the equivalent of power reseting
- 50M active crystal oscillator
- JTAG interface: for debugging/programming
- FPGA pins expander, VCC, GND and all the I/O ports are accessible on expansion connectors for further expansion
The Open3S500E does NOT integrate any programming/debugging function, a programmer/debugger is required.
Accessory boards in the photo are NOT included in the Open3S500E Standard Package.
The Open3S500E FPGA development board comes with various examples codes for the supported peripherals, which give you a quick start to develop your own application.
Peripheral Description Interface Verilog VHDL AT24CXX EEPROM I2C Y Y FM24CXX FRAM I2C Y Y AT45DBXX DATAFLASH SPI Y PCF8563 RTC I2C Y PCF8591 4xAD, 1xDA I2C Y DS18B20 Temperature sensor 1-WIRE Y SP3232 Serial communication UART Y Y SP3485 Serial communication UART Y Y PL2303 USB TO UART UART Y Y CY7C68013A USB DEVICE I/Os Y Buzzer Sound device 1I/O (PWM) Y Y PS/2 keyboard Input device PS/2 Y Y Single buttons Input device ---- Y Y 4x4 keypad Input device 8I/Os Y Y Joystick Input device 5I/Os Y Y LED Display device ---- Y Y 8 SEG LED Display device 13I/Os Y Y VGA monitor Display device VGA Y Y Character LCD Display device 11I/Os Y Y Graphic LCD Display device 11I/Os Y Y
The Open3S500E FPGA development board integrates JTAG interface for programming/debugging.
The Open3S500E FPGA development board comes with a User Guide CD including development resources listed as below:
- Related software (Xilinx ISE 12 - supports Winxp/Win7, doesn't support Win8)
- Demo code (Verilog, VHDL)
- Schematic (PDF)
- FPGA development documentations
- Package Content
Weight: 0.171 kg